Pages:
Author

Topic: Ban spammers from having a signature - page 2. (Read 1956 times)

copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
February 01, 2016, 03:55:11 AM
this will most likely not happen because other rule-breakers without sig ad will get harsher punishment. also I don't see how this is better than temp-ban in terms of teaching them a lesson.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
February 01, 2016, 01:42:01 AM
I have a good idea, instead of banning sig spammers in the new forum, we put a lock on their signatures,
what do you think?

ban is better for spammers, heavier punishment is needed and if they dont want their account to be permanently banned then they should improve their posting quality.
If mods see a marked improvement, they can re-enable signatures and the account wont go to waste
You left me neutral feedback saying I have low quality posts after reading my post here?  Well enjoy yours, you cocksucker.  You might not like sig campaigns or who knows what, but you're not one to judge me, bro. 

Would be nice if in addition to being able to suspend signatures, staff could fix the trust system here.  But that's another story.
Activity: 756
Merit: 510
Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god
January 31, 2016, 09:51:16 PM
I have a good idea, instead of banning sig spammers in the new forum, we put a lock on their signatures,
what do you think?

ban is better for spammers, heavier punishment is needed and if they dont want their account to be permanently banned then they should improve their posting quality.
If mods see a marked improvement, they can re-enable signatures and the account wont go to waste
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 6706
Proudly Cycling Merits for Foxpup
January 31, 2016, 09:48:09 PM
For most of them, the two things would essentially be the same with the exception that an account with a signature restriction might be able to be resold.  I don't think this is a horrible idea at all, as spamming is one of the bct offenses that do get enforced.  It would give the person much less incentive to spam, right?
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 31, 2016, 09:47:03 PM
what do you think?

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
January 31, 2016, 09:43:58 PM
Just.. "Your Point Is Invalid".

lol.

I think it wont happen.
Activity: 756
Merit: 510
Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god
January 31, 2016, 09:42:58 PM
what do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: