Pages:
Author

Topic: Bancor ICO has crashed MEW - page 2. (Read 1873 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
June 12, 2017, 01:34:51 PM
So this explains why I wasn't able to log in to MyEtherWallet, should I be worried though? Do I need to transfer my funds left on this wallet. Has anyone tried to access them just now?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 12, 2017, 01:32:50 PM
here is what happened on MyEtherWallet during the Bancor ICO (it is a chart for tx's @ MyEtherWallet Twitter post)

https://twitter.com/myetherwallet/status/874295898532069378/photo/1
June 12, 2017, 01:24:24 PM
People are crazy. This is more than a bubble. A new definition is required.

yea its called a 'Law Suit'

there are so many people who will have lost out.  the ICO has now ended according to the Bancor twitter account

and I for one still have my Eth tx listed as pending which means they will reject it I expect.

there are literally hundreds of people posting in anger on twitter at the mess and debarcle, esp since some people paid good money to BitcoinSuisseAG to be in on the 1 hour, which then got suddenly extended to 3 hours on a whim due to 'network attack'. (that old chestnut)

this is a good example of an ICO campaign doing what they want, when they feel like it, and fuck everyone who gets shafted, just give us your money.

I hope that everyone involved who gets shafted, has the sense to gather together and make this a landmark event in terms of the sheer numbers of people that can maybe put pressure on this not happening again and see some kind of recompense other than Bancor cheering and toasting their successful collection of everyones money.

it is basically taking the piss, but then hey,  this is the new Gold Rush, and this is the Wild West.
Expect no law here.

Activity: 658
Merit: 255
June 12, 2017, 12:44:31 PM
People are crazy. This is more than a bubble. A new definition is required. But also million dollars in crypto market not like that in the real market.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
June 12, 2017, 12:28:11 PM
Yeah, it is quite a mess. People who use MyEtherWallet should use the Etherscan.io node

I wish to add BNT as a custom token at MyEtherWallet in order to view the balance. Which address should be used and how many decimals? Thanks.

You can add BNT using the following details

Address: 0x1F573D6Fb3F13d689FF844B4cE37794d79a7FF1C
Token symbol: BNT
Decimal: 18

Thanks a million. All is good now.  Cool

Looks the bancor network gets attakc by the hacker. Their statement is not for the ethereum network but for his own network. That means the problem is on their network. MEW alreaydy run for well now.

I am not too sure. More than one of the MEW nodes were down.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
June 12, 2017, 12:24:51 PM
Yeah, it is quite a mess. People who use MyEtherWallet should use the Etherscan.io node

I wish to add BNT as a custom token at MyEtherWallet in order to view the balance. Which address should be used and how many decimals? Thanks.

Looks the bancor network gets attakc by the hacker. Their statement is not for the ethereum network but for his own network. That means the problem is on their network. MEW alreaydy run for well now.
June 12, 2017, 12:18:38 PM

Activity: 812
Merit: 256
June 12, 2017, 12:17:34 PM

June 12, 2017, 12:07:27 PM

June 12, 2017, 11:28:31 AM
Seems the Bancor ICO has crashed the main MEW node so you cannot access the MyEtherWallet and send Eth to buy into the ICO

the way round it , supposedly, was to click on top right corner in MEW and change the node

but having done that and getting a MEW message to say I successfully sent using the etherscan.io node , I cannot find my tx anywhere, it appeared to send successfully, but has yet to show up anywhere is not even pending on etherscan.io
not going to risk sending again in case something is wrong out there.

Bancor twitter says the ICO has been deliberately attacked.

will be interesting to see what comes of this. it's a big balls up all round for people trying to invest.

EDIT:

my pending tx has only just showed up on etherscan.io about 20 minutes later, so was completely missing until now.

also Bancor have announced they are extending the 1 hour guarantee to 3 hours due to the network attack but this has broken contract for people who paid BitcoinSuisseAG good money to guarantee there position in that hour. thats going to be a legal mess they are going to have to deal with when the dust settles.

interesting times.
Pages:
Jump to: