Pages:
Author

Topic: Bank of Canada calling for Cryptocurrency intervention? - page 2. (Read 1555 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
They want to centralize a decentralized currency. It is clear that the Bank of Canada do not understand what bitcoin is. And they want to intervene? How can they intervene if they do not understand what bitcoin stands for. They will make more harm than good.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
they failed with their own digital currency, why should we listen to anything they have to say?

the beauty of digital currencies is that they're gonna continue working no matter what. the government doesn't have to do anything. they can sit back and let it do its thing because it's gonna do that anyway.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
The centralized Bank of Canada has went forward and made the bold claim that "Digital Currencies Will Not Be Safe Without Government Intervention" and they feel that without government intervention / support none of these cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin will be able to thrive and be used. The claim does make sense in the fact that governments will be the only people that can fully allow a currency to be adopted without an issue.

What are your thoughts on Bitcoin needing government intervention / centralization to survive?

Article - https://news.bitcoin.com/digital-currencies-need-government-intervention-bank-canada/
Government officials think that without them nothing will work that is why they always try to make the government bigger and charge greater taxes so they can fix things but this is not the case society can do very well with a very small government but try to sell that idea to those conceited public officials.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Countries just wanna to tax bitcoin and crypto currencie as they see the volume and investment that is around, makes no sense they try to control all the things, bitcoin its decentralized as some others currencies, and we dont need them, we need to upgrade the current fiat system, instead they wanna interfere at bitcoin, funny, really funny.
Activity: 728
EtherSphere - Social Games
It sounds to me they are getting scared of how bitcoin has become to big for them to ignore any longer.
I bet you the banks were just thinking if they ignored the problem of how bitcoin is being a rivaling factor to their bottom line then it would simply just go away and die from obscurity.
Now that is the case with it reaching near the all time high and probably surpass that by the end of the week at best.
They are calling in for regualtion now because the want help from the government knowing they can not handle it now that it has gotten to big for them to handle it any longer. And no, a problem for you won't just simply go away and hoping that it will just die off. You have to cut the head off the serpent or it will come back stronger than ever before!
Didn't you learn anything from those medieval movies growing up as kid ceo of the bank of Canada? Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
The centralized Bank of Canada has went forward and made the bold claim that "Digital Currencies Will Not Be Safe Without Government Intervention" and they feel that without government intervention / support none of these cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin will be able to thrive and be used. The claim does make sense in the fact that governments will be the only people that can fully allow a currency to be adopted without an issue.

What are your thoughts on Bitcoin needing government intervention / centralization to survive?

Article - https://news.bitcoin.com/digital-currencies-need-government-intervention-bank-canada/
As a Canadian, I find it a little worrying. I believe the thing thats most appealing about crypto is the lack of governmental involvement. As soon as that is changed, we loose the appeal to the average user, who will simply go back to paypal
you are definitely right about it, when government comes into regulation of crypto currencies, then all the problems start, first of all less people would start using bitcoins and besides that the price would most probably go down fast
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

Governments believe the anal sex is not safe without government intervention.  This is the raison d'etre for governments - to intervene where they are neither needed nor useful.  People who work for the government want to 'intervene' in all of your matters - anal sex and money and others.  Tell governments to go fuck themselves.  It is important to resist these stupid fucks every step of the way.

I think the only reason that want to intervene is they want to know whats going on, and they want to make some money off of it. It's rather simple how government work, they interact when their is money to be made.

I guess they're just attempting to find someone new in the world to tax to attempt to make up for the 639 billion their in debt at the moment, least it's not as much as the U.S. with 19 trillion.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
Any intervention the Bank of Canada does will just push development and innovation out of Canada.
Activity: 854
Bank of canada can't just control all bitcoin transactions going in and out of canada but what they can control is just the trading platform that are operating in canada along with bitcoin merchants. They can't centralized bitcoin and they may just limit the amount of bitcoin a person can exchange or use in a day/week/month.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
The government is mostly a bunch of politicians and there are only a few who i would consider to be decent human beings or intelligent. If you want both, then it even looks worse. In short: i do not trust them. I do trust the blockchain, but as with politicians technology can be misused, so i would absolutely hate to see governments involved in crypto currencies that are used, but most people are simple and will take it an not fight for their rights.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Which government, don't tell me USA? I wish them good luck let them try to do whatever they think that they can do, people know everything about the risks involved when they enter crypto(bitcoin) area. we are here to escape from their interventions and stay hidden from their radars.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Government are a bunch of no-skill, no talent ass clowns that try to solve a problem after they happen.
Cryptocurrencies = fuck you and die government!!!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

Governments believe the anal sex is not safe without government intervention.  This is the raison d'etre for governments - to intervene where they are neither needed nor useful.  People who work for the government want to 'intervene' in all of your matters - anal sex and money and others.  Tell governments to go fuck themselves.  It is important to resist these stupid fucks every step of the way.
legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

As a Canadian, I find it a little worrying. I believe the thing thats most appealing about crypto is the lack of governmental involvement. As soon as that is changed, we loose the appeal to the average user, who will simply go back to paypal
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie

Pages:
Jump to: