Pages:
Author

Topic: Bank of Japan institutes negative interest rates - page 3. (Read 2421 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Somehow i see it on positive because putting a negative interest rate causes that people have to move the money into something where they can actually earn something and not keeping them into the bank for who knows how many days, even if at the end some worries about are normal, because it depends on each single case and not on general
Activity: 481
Merit: 102
This is coming soon to the west.

No coincidence that we saw the selling end in bitcoin and a new rally start just afer this was announced.

Now that Hearn is finished we are going to have an insane rally past 500.  Once the west follows Japan BTC will easily go past $1,000

Good times ahead
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
It's not so shocking.   This has been the norm in Japan for the last 20 years.  I'm sure they have had negative interest rates already within that period.   Negative interest rates will cause corporations who currently hold cash balances to invest in something and help to spur the economy.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
This is shocking news. Base on what they said, their doing this to hit the 2% inflation target in which it has been at 0.5% at the moment but isn't this a wrong move? IIRC inflation devalues the money and shows a weak economy and their trying to increase inflation instead of decreasing it? Have I missed something here? Although this would be a good opportunity for more market user of BTCitcoin.

Link to news: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/29/bank-of-japan-shocks-markets-by-adopting-negative-interest-rates
Link to live news: http://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2016/jan/29/volatile-trading-bank-japan-negative-rates-live
Activity: 481
Merit: 251
This is why I got into bitcoin.  Coming to the US soon too.  I'll never pay a bank to hold my money.
Pages:
Jump to: