Pages:
Author

Topic: Banking with your bitcoin - page 4. (Read 1348 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 09, 2017, 06:12:19 AM
i would say maybe in couple of years, but not necessarily with bitcoin.
Xe.com added the bitcoin in its application, that would show a first step in accepting cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 248
Merit: 252
September 09, 2017, 05:48:25 AM
If any banks had a clue (and a desire not to become extinct), they'd already be lining up to win your business in being the holder of your coins/millibits.

I'm not saying I'd be a customer necessarily, but on the whole people don't want responsibility for their own decisions and would see it as a sensible move.  [opportunity with neon lights and bells on it!  hello? anybody here? nope, no banks, they want to keep the model as it is].

The banks could make a sh1t ton as they transitioned out of the old to the new, maybe give you 10% pa, rather than 0% on fiat.  Grandma would like that.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
September 09, 2017, 05:33:20 AM
Banks wont accept bitcoin as their deposits and why would they? Bitcoin was developed for removing banks and to make a peer-to-peer transaction system. Also bitcoin kind of violates the rule that banks have which is to know where the money comes from so banks will never go for it. Plus,I heard banks are paying media to talk utter bullshit about bitcoin so that people will deposit money in banks and not in bitcoin. Such standards will one day make sure that the entire banking system will go down the drain.

Activity: 504
Merit: 100
September 09, 2017, 05:23:20 AM

I think it's impossible, and I do not think we need to use a modern bank to store bitcoin, because bitcoin has its own bank to store bitcoin that is a wallet address, I think with our wallet is enough to store bitcoin, so I think the modern bank is enough for the tool to exchange bitcoin with physical currency, I think that's it
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
September 09, 2017, 05:02:20 AM
It can surely happen with other banks because there are banks that are stubborn enough to accept bitcoin, and I had experience making transaction on banks with my bitcoin wallet but only in the converting bitcoin to fiat, but the think is the idea of making bank accepts bitcoin is a possibility and if that happens I think we don't need to convert anymore bitcoin with fiat and we can surely have a transaction over bitcoins directly. 
Activity: 35
September 09, 2017, 04:46:34 AM
Actually the Bitcoin wiki says bitcoin is compatible and will be used for and by modern banks.
Like it or not, it actually makes sense to use modern banks with bitcoin for the same reasons we use them with fiat. Lending is a huge and important part of the economy, and some users really don't want to worry about security. You can "be your own bank" with USD Cash but most let banks worry about keeping their money safe. This will almost assuredly continue.
Activity: 31
September 04, 2017, 11:49:00 AM
Is it possible that banks would accept bitcoin as your deposits directly from your bitcoin wallet? Or they will ban it because of internet security reasons?
Pages:
Jump to: