Pages:
Author

Topic: Banks and Goverments will some day start buying BTC? - page 2. (Read 2413 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
banks are getting scared to death about bitcoin because it disrupt their entire business model by making them pretty much useless. Don't expect them to jump into bitcoin before they realise their collapse is getting imminent (when fiat will become nearly useless). Meanwhile, they will probably fight bitcoin as much as they can.

This is a common misconception.

Banks are not scared of Bitcoin in the least as they have a say in the regulation of merchants. Basically, Banks = Government and Government = Banks. I can buy an item from my next-door neighbor and pay cash without any government intervention or taxation and with Bitcoin (for now) the same is true. By regulating merchants however, they can regulate Bitcoin (like cash) to a large degree.

As far as the evolution, Bitcoin is just the beginning. What we will see is a recognition first by consumers that alternatives exist, then a demand for these alternatives, then an integration of these alternatives into the existing Bitcoin merchant POS systems. Like Visa, Mastercard, and Discover, people will use different coin payment methods via a common POS device.

As this process evolves, capital will begin spilling over into the altcoin sector and a healthy competition will develop between currencies.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Banks can't do magic with Bitcoins, so the most they will do is make a trading platform like btc-e.com for people to do transaction. Other then that. No way...
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
banks are getting scared to death about bitcoin because it disrupt their entire business model by making them pretty much useless. Don't expect them to jump into bitcoin before they realise their collapse is getting imminent (when fiat will become nearly useless). Meanwhile, they will probably fight bitcoin as much as they can.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sure, why wouldn't they if Bitcoin becomes the main currency someday. It won't happen soon, but it's certainly possible.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
When do you think that goverments and banks start buying BTC?

Do you think that this some day happen?

Yes. And the banks are already looking into the altcoin sector. We have been approached as have others.

Stop promoting your shitty goldcoin all around this forum! Angry
Activity: 275

Yes. And the banks are already looking into the altcoin sector. We have been approached as have others.

Gold coins, yeah....
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy

Activity: 378
I believe banks will start holding Bitcoin once they understand how profitable it is...
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
Will happen in some form for sure

But not imminently

Bitcoins are extremely suited as collateral
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016
Imagine the rally if big banks started competitively buying up coin, as a kind of fallback collateral!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I expect some banks already hold small amounts. I know neo&bee do!
Activity: 370
Governments don't buy unless it's from their cronies.

They will come up with laws that allow them to steal your coins or use ones that already exist.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
governments don't have to buy it, they take it by force for any reason they like. take silk road as example.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
I am sure that it will happen very soon, bitcoin has been rising
so fast that its only the matter of time when it will happen.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Pages:
Jump to: