Pages:
Author

Topic: Banned Accounts and their Merit Status. - page 2. (Read 376 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 713
Don't joke with my Daughter
August 03, 2023, 01:58:30 PM
Merits as the case maybe can only be controlled by Theymos if he thinks merits are short, and besides I don't think if the forum are shorting merits since Theymos always awards merits to the merits sources at every month just as few people already said. You don't need to be over worried towards merits maybe, and however whenever you are doing research there's always a curiosity for one to know all things especially how the systems works and functions even though you are not in that position to know how is being operated but, as a scholar you needed those knowledge to add to your upstairs as an added advantage and value to your life.

Ban account is an account that has no access any longer to the forum and whenever account are being ban, this shows that such person doesn't have this will power to make alternate account to continue the forum any longer, because the forum prohibit such acts and if caught for any reason their newly created account are also subjected to be ban as well. So, I suggest you should be more creatives and keep all the rules pure and clean, then try to move on and do not allow this to overweigh you down as I think there are more important things to learn here.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 593
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
August 03, 2023, 01:04:53 PM
Merits of the banned account will decay overtime. There’s no sense to extract merits from them since theymos can produced unlimited supply of merit that he distributes to merit source in regular basis or else there will be no new user will rank if there will be no new merit add on the circulating supply due to the decay feature of merit system.

Banned accounts merits is considered as lost just like Bitcoin when the wallet holds it lost its private key.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
August 03, 2023, 01:00:47 PM
Theymos can do it. I mean he can extract the smerits and give it to merit sources. But what is the point when he is giving merit sources smerits which he can increase at anytime if he likes. He can ask for people to become merit source too if there is any need.

Banned users are not hoarding merits, they are banned already and they can no more acces the smerits, which is good.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 6108
Jambler.io
August 03, 2023, 12:48:06 PM
There are merit sources who get free smerits every month, there is no shortage of merit and there is no cap on it!
Reclaiming merit from banned users simply makes no sense as it would be distributed to merit sources, Theymos could just increase the allocated merit instead.

banned the owner does not have access again to some vital profile assets such as the Smerit

Stop exaggerating! Vital, lol! Assets!  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1398
Yes, I'm an asshole
August 03, 2023, 12:47:12 PM
I understand correctly that the concern you have is that the total merits flow got stuck or --at the very least-- some of them goes to waste because they're "frozen" in the banned accounts? You can rest assured that they're not... well, in a way. If I may assume, your worries come from an understanding that Merit and sMerit are limited, and what circulates here and now are the same numbers being generated since the birth and introduction of merit system.

There are group of people called Merit Source, there are several thread talking about these members, but one that probably will give you a good and easy understanding is this one. Simplified, Merit Source are members who get extra sMerit, "minted merit" if you may, from the forum, so the amount of circulating Merit and sMerit keeps being replenished, it's not constant and stuck at one number like "total supply" of a token. Please have a read and don't hesitate to ask here if you have further questions.
Activity: 406
Merit: 117
August 03, 2023, 12:35:07 PM
I know what I am about to say might sound awkward to some of you but I would start by appealing that you bear with me as I am here to learn so I could gain more knowledge and insight of how things are going on here. Although I have been a member of this platform for long now but as we all know learning is a continues process and as time goes on  curiosity arises to clear ones doubt or misunderstanding.

For long now I have been on this thought and I was wondering what happens to merit and Smerit of banned accounts. Is there any way it is been extracted from those banned accounts for it to be integrated back into the system so that merit could go round through the merit source to members who deserves it or once an account is banned everything about that account is gone and merits on that account is burnt or is there any other process or things done with the merit of those accounts because I know once an account gets banned the owner does not have access again to some vital profile assets such as the Smerit.  I know for sure merits are formed possibly through minting or other likely processes which requires it to be easily integrated here for easy access by members.

looking at this when you access your merit status you could see it for yourself.

Does it mean that  the above is what exactly happens or otherwise.
The floor is open for discussion as I stand to be corrected if I am wrong. I look forward to seeing the admins and moderators comment on this so we could get knowledge of how the process goes. If also this board is not the right board for this post, you are free to channel me to the right board for it.

Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: