Pages:
Author

Topic: Barriers to introducing people to bitcoin - page 3. (Read 3232 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
October 13, 2014, 04:10:12 PM
most people are brainwashed by the media and are under the assumption their only option is the USD/Euro/etc.  The biggest barrier is getting people to think outside the box, and realize there is more than one way to pay/get paid.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
October 13, 2014, 03:43:51 PM
I do not think it is difficult to introduce to the bitcoin community, the first thing one should be clear is that bitcoin as currency cryptocurrency, where as currency bitcoin cryptocurrency must have internet connection in each transaction, meaning that bitcoin does not have the physical form as well as currency prevailing in each country, while the second should we explain to the public about bitcoin is that bitcoin now has a very high exchange rate against the American dollar, about 4 million per bitcoin, it is the main attraction of bitcoin ...  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001
October 13, 2014, 01:28:41 PM
One of the main problems I have w/ introducing people to BTC is that the pitch can take upwards of 10 minutes to give them all the key ingredients as to the why and how of things, including fiat money/banker/fed debt talk. 2ndly, when we've been in a bear market up until recently for such an extended time, there's been plenty of people who I've discussed this with that even if they were monitoring the price, they'd think I'm a stooge for playing in this game at all. All the average person sees is the value in paper money as they can't comprehend a time when the fednote won't be the bread and butter, despite rising costs. However, in a primed bull market ready to take off, it's a lot easier to entice people to come aboard. Grin
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
October 13, 2014, 09:05:02 AM
I try start with telling them why fiat money is corrupt first and then about how credit cards and payment processors are rip offs. You need to show them the benefits of bitcoin against the negatives of the current system.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
October 13, 2014, 06:09:30 AM
precious time as gold
people to keep it offline
Pages:
Jump to: