Pages:
Author

Topic: Basic precautions when doing KYC for ICOs - page 2. (Read 242 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 05:41:15 AM
Although I am very reluctant to provide my KYC information to these so-called ICO teams.
ICO market today but there is a big bubble, almost excellent ICO project after the exchange has several times in return, so I have to submit my KYC information, because I want to make a profit. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
January 26, 2018, 05:37:16 AM
I really hate KYC. I have to effectively give my id docs and pics to strangers and I might find it in the dark web anyday. The only answer I have found to this is introducing a watermark, barely visible or sometimes clearly visible, indicating the ICO and date. If it leaks, at least it could be determined from where.

Well but normally doing that is not authorized by the websites that request KYC verification, so you will still be giving away your ID, and you probably wont even get verified. I hate doing KYC as well, I think we all do, at least if we value our privacy. I don't even know if it's an effective way of preventing money laundry and criminal activity, because like you said, people can probably buy leaked documents on the dark web, and they might be able to use them.

Some sites request that you take a picture with a webcam or some other device, and this is better than just sending an image file, and sometimes they even require a selfie. Although this looks even more invasive, I think it's better because it should at least be more effective, and if all sites ask this, I guess selling ID files on the dark web would become useless.

Anyway, you should really only do KYC verification if you really trust that site and there is not other option available.

I have been able to embed a clear sign in one ICO, and have been able to embed a subtle shadow, that can be just barely seen in all except in one of the ICOs.

I agree, you definitely have to give away your ID, but I recommend that the pics of your documents are somehow "tainted" and dated.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
January 15, 2018, 09:53:39 AM
well
sometimes we must do that .
as we know , some country have a regulation about ICOs or digital money.
its fine if u stay in netral country.
actually i hate KYC too
but some project/ico need some like proof about investor
i mean , we its a real investor and they need a proof about it.
 i think is fine ,if the project colaboration with major brand , we already know , icos bigger and continue bigger.
bring a legal company joining with them,
as a legal company , they need legal investor.
and that why i must do that.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
January 15, 2018, 09:35:15 AM
I really hate KYC. I have to effectively give my id docs and pics to strangers and I might find it in the dark web anyday. The only answer I have found to this is introducing a watermark, barely visible or sometimes clearly visible, indicating the ICO and date. If it leaks, at least it could be determined from where.

Well but normally doing that is not authorized by the websites that request KYC verification, so you will still be giving away your ID, and you probably wont even get verified. I hate doing KYC as well, I think we all do, at least if we value our privacy. I don't even know if it's an effective way of preventing money laundry and criminal activity, because like you said, people can probably buy leaked documents on the dark web, and they might be able to use them.

Some sites request that you take a picture with a webcam or some other device, and this is better than just sending an image file, and sometimes they even require a selfie. Although this looks even more invasive, I think it's better because it should at least be more effective, and if all sites ask this, I guess selling ID files on the dark web would become useless.

Anyway, you should really only do KYC verification if you really trust that site and there is not other option available.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1598
Do not die for Putin
January 15, 2018, 09:05:08 AM
Pages:
Jump to: