Pages:
Author

Topic: bathroom floor heating trough watercooled miners - page 2. (Read 2035 times)

Activity: 353
Merit: 251
with radiator like that, what about the miner temps? still high or?

s5 about 50 - 60 overclocked

c1 30 will crap if overclocked

That is a huge area with fans on radiator.    Thanks for sharing I have not seen anyone go to this level before.

How many do you think you will be using with that?  Also with running through floor and miners what coolant are you going to use?

these radiators where for my 4 s5 + c1 and looking to expand in s5's, as ik will set it up on a balcony and winter is commming.....
I will have to many cooling and my miners will have to be overclocked to keep them warm Cheesy  Cheesy

As far as the batroom heating goes normaly it would be connected to the radiator or central heating ststem, it think that is just water.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
I think it's a good idea to use the heat to but....
You are talking about 3200 watt for your bathroom. Now you can make a buck. But in two years ore less you don't with your S5 set up.
And don't know much about bathrooms. But maybe a bit expensive over a period of 10 years.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

That is a huge area with fans on radiator.    Thanks for sharing I have not seen anyone go to this level before.

How many do you think you will be using with that?  Also with running through floor and miners what coolant are you going to use?
Activity: 287
Merit: 250
Global economic crisis? i hold my bitcoin..
I don't know if it will be a real project.
just some idea popped in to my mind seeing an unused c1 in the bathroom.
I am looking for some experts opinion on it if it will be doable.
Also just finiched my sick radiator cabitnet.

And I am building a bong tower cooler for even better cooling.
So if the floor gets to hot a switch could send de fluid to the system I originally had in mind.

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I like it better than a radiator! but hopefully the floor is sucking more heat.

From what i remember, the temp of the floor should not get over ~25C because all the dust will go up in the air. Also the materials will be put on a big temperature swing if temps are higher...

I still enjoy my setup, now only with 1 c2(2*s5 watercooled) https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/use-the-force-dont-waste-the-heat-1120213
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
I think it's a great idea, always seems such a pity that "Miner Heat" is treated as a problem rather than something to be made use off. I have a conservatory with underfloor heating that has never been connected and have been thinking along similar lines.

A issue I have considered but not resolved in my mind is do you just directly pump the Miner fluid through the underfloor heating pipes or do you use a heat exchanger and keep the mining & underfloor systems separate? I lean towards using a heat exchanger which might also make coping with selling easier. In my case I would then just couple the heat exchanger to the main central heating system.

Will be interested to see how the project progresses.

Rich
I am getting my bathroom redone completely.

I own a total of 4 water cooled S5's and a C1 for which I'm fixing a radiator system.
Since I like not tot waste the heat completely, how doable do you guys think it will be the get floor heating on my new bathroom?

I first thought of just the C1 as a permanent heater with it's 360 rad. But the floor acts al a big rad aswell 5 m2.
So if I have 5 m2 as radiator my heat will be distributed trough some pipes and up through the floor.

better temps for miners?
nice heated floor bathroom?

also a temp controlled switch could be made when it gets to hot it will activate my radiator cabinet on the balcony.....

just a idea as I am almost finished with my radiator cabinat which will be on the balcony to avoid sauna temps.

wath do you guys think?

Just get the contractor onboard and go for it, seems like he will...
I have about 4 week before he could start.

I need to have a backup plan to add normal floor heating source or whatever in case I sell my appartment.

Really love to hear some opinions on this.

No roi bitching, please

Pages:
Jump to: