Pages:
Author

Topic: BBQCoin being 51% attacked by Luke-Jr - page 2. (Read 6077 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
July 26, 2012, 12:19:14 AM
I'd never even heard of this coin till yesterday and as soon as I saw it I assumed it was a joke, so I have to ask.

Is most of the Bitcoin community always this spitefull? Or only when they get board?
These "coin" scams are nothing new, and make Bitcoin look bad. Stopping them in their tracks before they can scam people, when possible, is a logical way to help Bitcoin keep its reputation clean.

Are you fucking kidding me?  You're either crazy or in need of a medication adjustment.  You are a thug.
Activity: 266
LitecoinTalk
July 26, 2012, 12:10:55 AM
I'd never even heard of this coin till yesterday and as soon as I saw it I assumed it was a joke, so I have to ask.

Is most of the Bitcoin community always this spitefull? Or only when they get board?
These "coin" scams are nothing new, and make Bitcoin look bad. Stopping them in their tracks before they can scam people, when possible, is a logical way to help Bitcoin keep its reputation clean.

+1

tho i'm supporting LTC and not BTC, but still.. luke is so right!
and i think we had our reason to do this..
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
July 26, 2012, 12:09:13 AM

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Learn as you go...
July 26, 2012, 12:06:31 AM
                                                  Let me prefix this with I'm not mad, just very confused.

I've only been active around hear for a few weeks but the more time I spend hear the more i want to pull my hair out over others actions!

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
July 26, 2012, 12:03:46 AM
Actually what they mean by "foiling" the "scam" is probably more like taking all the coins themselves while blocking anyone else from getting any or even from doing transactions.

Its just a way of making sure they get the most coins once the whole attack crap dies down.

It is a denial of service attack, which likely does make it illegal in many jurisdictions. I am not a lwyer though so consult a lawyer in your jurisdiction about denial of service attack legislation in your area.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
July 25, 2012, 11:54:14 PM
It was fun to joke about, oh well.

And luke I hope your kidding, it wasn't a "scam" it was literally just a fork to fuck around with. It wasn't going to go anywhere anyway.
Yeah, that's why they were rushing to get exchanges trading it...

Wow you assume too many things. There was no real interest in BBQ coin nor was there any interest for an exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002
July 25, 2012, 11:48:09 PM
GO Luke-jr!!! Roast those wieners!!!

The unhackable Spekulatius Coins may reign forever!!!!★★★★★★★★★

Luke-jr is not doing anything......

he was just making the code, but but

BBQCOIN IS DOWN NOW!, we got it!

Roll Eyes
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 25, 2012, 08:55:56 PM

And luke I hope your kidding, it wasn't a "scam" it was literally just a fork to fuck around with. It wasn't going to go anywhere anyway.

You are a humorless bag of crusading warthog.

Dude, srsly. You actually thought they were serious? Can I sell you a lolcow?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 25, 2012, 08:52:20 PM

I'm pretty sure that was everybody joking too. I was at least.
July 25, 2012, 07:58:46 PM

Lol.  What a hero!

Thanks for protecting us from ourselves, Father.
legendary
July 25, 2012, 07:57:54 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
July 25, 2012, 07:54:54 PM

legendary
Activity: 1611
Merit: 1001
legendary
legendary
July 25, 2012, 07:33:06 PM
What scam?
legendary
July 25, 2012, 07:17:55 PM
There's a special place in hell for people who destroy the work of others.
That's funny, I don't usually consider scamming people to be "work". Ironically, the scammers did pretty much none of the work this time (PersonX made the code changes, and PersonY helped compile it - both of whom are helping foil it now).
legendary
July 25, 2012, 07:12:13 PM
There's a special place in hell for people who destroy the work of others.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2012, 07:04:42 PM
GO Luke-jr!!! Roast those wieners!!!

The unhackable Spekulatius Coins may reign forever!!!!★★★★★★★★★

Luke-jr is not doing anything......

he was just making the code, but but

BBQCOIN IS DOWN NOW!, we got it!

High five!
Activity: 266