Pages:
Author

Topic: bch - halving - page 2. (Read 288 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
September 12, 2019, 03:28:01 PM
bch - halving

Miners will get less coins and those with old miners will stop mining.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 282
tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/
September 12, 2019, 11:34:14 AM
halving is only effective under two conditions:
1. the coin is actually being used, or in other words it has real usage so the new supply generation cut in half can disturb the balance between supply and demand and lead to a rise.
2. the coin is useless but hyped up and gets pumped for no reason.

BCH has neither one of these reasons. it is useless so there no demand. halving can even damage it as it reduces the profit of miners by a BIG amount (half) and they can leave. also it is not hyped up anymore so pump chances are dim.

i agree with you, halving will reduce the miners reward,
and in my opinion because the miners reward decrease, i think the demands will coming to BCH buddy
so, this event will push the price up  Wink

The demand itself has nothing to do with halving, even if you make your project halving daily. Without sufficient demand, the price will eventually decline. The only reason why some project got pumped after the halving was due to miners themselves. In order to protect the network, they need to keep the miners on the track.
and without a doubt it leads us to another pump.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
September 12, 2019, 10:49:17 AM
1. the coin is actually being used, or in other words it has real usage so the new supply generation cut in half can disturb the balance between supply and demand and lead to a rise.

BCH has neither one of these reasons. it is useless so there no demand. halving can even damage it as it reduces the profit of miners by a BIG amount (half) and they can leave. also it is not hyped up anymore so pump chances are dim.
No. 2 might be the best instance of it, you know business mindedness runs on Ver as well. Don't expect that much.

I also think no.2 might happen.  We have seen this kind of strategy before and it is always used when there is something huge event about to happen.  So even if BCH had not much of a use, developer, whales and other investors who wanted to rake a profit out of this halving will do whatever they can to hype the market.

like LTC x3 ?

Depends on the pocket of the pumper and the effectiveness of the hype.  Who knows we might see x4 or even more.
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
September 12, 2019, 06:46:47 AM
For me, those that know how to play their card with BTC, BCH and BSV halving coming soon, will surely make money. The only concern I have about BCH is the long term commitment of Roger Ver  to the project because it seems to me his commitment to the project is waning.
Activity: 46
Merit: 15
September 09, 2019, 10:58:15 AM

and in my opinion because the miners reward decrease, i think the demands will coming to BCH buddy

$ 750-1000 Cheesy
Activity: 227
Merit: 10
September 09, 2019, 10:57:16 AM

No. 2 might be the best instance of it, you know business mindedness runs on Ver as well. Don't expect that much.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
September 09, 2019, 10:44:04 AM

September 09, 2019, 10:08:26 AM
contrasting opinion, before
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
September 09, 2019, 09:46:02 AM

September 09, 2019, 08:20:28 AM
like LTC x3 ?
Pages:
Jump to: