Pages:
Author

Topic: BCH threat to BTC? - page 4. (Read 2789 times)

Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 19, 2017, 05:56:45 PM
No threat at all just because of those things. Try to look at the brighter side, this will make bitcoin even healthier and greater with its current price. Traders, whales are still supporting bitcoin as the main head in the ecosystem of crypto currencies. And they are just taking the advantage of getting some profit through BCH and will buy btc after taking profit.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
August 19, 2017, 05:47:26 PM
After 1st aug BCH value getting down as it was expected and 2 days ago it was about 0.07btc/bch. It was also expected that it would be more down after 14th Aug as poloniex credited bch to their customer that day and was expected that it will me dumped.  But now it is surprising last two days .It price rise up nearly 0.2btc/bch. Is it threat to BTC market??
There is no threat to the bitcoin market,bitcoin cash has its own market and if you are looking at the sharp price rise then it needs a much bigger push than we saw today to see the price reaching the levels of the price of bitcoin and that needs a very huge investment and interest in it for that to happen,the issue only happens if the upgrade does not do any good for the problems we had in the past,other than that there is no other threat . Wink
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
August 19, 2017, 05:44:06 PM
Very funny lol  Cheesy

The only funny thing is paying 5%-20% Bitcoin fee when buying standard things like hosting. So you see, Bitcoin is not meant for this, thats why Bitcoin Cash would be much better. But it does not threat the Bitcoin speculative investment, which it already is (and it works!).

You can change the transaction fee amount, just sayin'. But you're right in speculation with merchants transitioning over to bch for transactions, the legacy confirmations are too long imho.

Confirmation in bch is fast because it does not have that much transaction yet. Maybe in a few years when it have millions of transactions we can see if it can really combat scaling problems. only then we can see if it can really outdo bitcoin.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
August 19, 2017, 05:27:06 PM
Lol, yesterday, I shorted BCH/BTC at a price 650 USD and I it screwed up -,- Thank god I pulled out soon and used really low margin for that... But I cannot wait to short this shit! Gonna the biggest profit I have ever done in margin trading, god (well, considering I will short it right in time) Cheesy
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 19, 2017, 05:19:54 PM
The only thing that's confusing me here is who is mining BCH other than ViaBTC?

no one. viabtc is bitmain, the mystery miner is bitmain too. bitmain created it and bitmain is subsidising it to the hilt.

That's what makes this so interesting. If the rumors are true that Bitmain controls a majority of global hash power, we could be in for a real show. Now that we are through the initial turbulence (i.e. BCH is now profitable to mine), they can use hash power through different proxies to give the appearance of rational miners defecting to BCH. It's pretty brilliant when you think about it.

I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of significantly splitting the Bitcoin network (if it turns out both BTC and BCH are viable and vying for the title of "Bitcoin"), but maybe retaining AsicBoost and slowing the proliferation of payment channels is worth it for Bitmain.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
August 19, 2017, 05:14:58 PM
Very funny lol  Cheesy

The only funny thing is paying 5%-20% Bitcoin fee when buying standard things like hosting. So you see, Bitcoin is not meant for this, thats why Bitcoin Cash would be much better. But it does not threat the Bitcoin speculative investment, which it already is (and it works!).

You can change the transaction fee amount, just sayin'. But you're right in speculation with merchants transitioning over to bch for transactions, the legacy confirmations are too long imho.
But still BCC network isn't loaded with transactions and it hasn't been tested under load yet.
Do you believe that once a couple million users start flooding BCC chain with transactions it will remain cheap and fast? Bitcoin used to be like that 5 years ago, but times change. 5 years for a software is like 50 compared to aging of a man.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
August 19, 2017, 05:09:21 PM
It is i just started to feel rich about myself but i suddenly saw the price of bitcoin cash and it isn't stopping at all people are showing more demand for it that bitcoin i really don't like this idea if this continues to happen bitcoin cash will replace bitcoin soon and all my savings will be finished i hope this stops
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2017, 04:56:16 PM
Very funny lol  Cheesy

Activity: 276
Merit: 254
August 19, 2017, 04:44:47 PM
Very funny lol  Cheesy

Activity: 41
August 19, 2017, 04:33:27 PM
BTC and BCH have different use cases, so no threat at all.

BCH is meant to be usefull for payments because of enought space for Bitcoin Cash transactions.
BTC is meant to be usefull for speculative investment because of very limited space for transactions.

Bitcoiners have both coins in about the same distribution, so the coins are complementary for different use cases. Hopefully merchants replace Bitcoin with Bitcoin Cash soon, because Bitcoin fees are too high for this, and Bitcoiners have Bitcoin Cash as well.

Very funny lol  Cheesy
Activity: 276
Merit: 254
August 19, 2017, 04:09:41 PM
BTC and BCH have different use cases, so no threat at all.

BCH is meant to be usefull for payments because of enought space for Bitcoin Cash transactions.
BTC is meant to be usefull for speculative investment because of very limited space for transactions.

Bitcoiners have both coins in about the same distribution, so the coins are complementary for different use cases. Hopefully merchants replace Bitcoin with Bitcoin Cash soon, because Bitcoin fees are too high for this, and Bitcoiners have Bitcoin Cash as well.

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
August 19, 2017, 03:51:17 PM
I don't think so bro because Bitcoin Cash will always be the weaker clone of Bitcoin, in which people will see it as another kind of Alternative Coin, it won't be viewed as what people see Bitcoin right now. Also I think the greatest affect of the Bitcoin to Bitcoin Cash exchange rate is the price of Bitcoin lately going down which as of now is 4100$ compared  to where it was before (4500$). But I greatly disagree the opinion on Bitcoin Cash being the greater among the two it simply does not have the support Bitcoin is getting.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 19, 2017, 03:30:10 PM
It could be a threat to Segwit Bitcoin yes. Just as ETC is a threat to ETH, but I think ETH has much more robust avialable options.

Is BTC implements Segwit and goes forward with some other changes most people want, I don't see how it would be threatened by Bitcoin Cash if that makes sense.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 19, 2017, 03:29:30 PM
After 1st aug BCH value getting down as it was expected and 2 days ago it was about 0.07btc/bch. It was also expected that it would be more down after 14th Aug as poloniex credited bch to their customer that day and was expected that it will me dumped.  But now it is surprising last two days .It price rise up nearly 0.2btc/bch. Is it threat to BTC market??
It is probably on par with most other altcoins when it comes down to being a threat; meaning that it's probably pretty close to being a non-issue. If there was more indicators that pointed towards BCH becoming a large, competing crypto then I would be a bit more convinced. If you look at the market, though, it is going on a downtrend after the initial rise, it had a high likelihood it was being manipulated by whales, and still hasn't cracked $1k. The market also had next to no activity between the fork and the past day or so, meaning that it is pretty obvious that it is a pump done by a whale. As one other user said, Roger Ver was likely talking about it already.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2017, 03:27:35 PM
I feel as if it is. The fact that it's an official "split" noticed by almost everyone who's invested in bitcoin and actually use it for business is quite threatening in my opinion. There's a small minority of people who actually understand the meaning of bitcoin cash and similarities to altcoins. The public view bch as the most viable option for bitcoin as of its faster transaction times etc. The only reason why we feel *bitcoin legacy* is not threatened is mostly due to its popularity. Sooner or later the two coins will reach an equilibrium in quality,cost and acknowledgement.

Then again, it is *only* another altcoin Roll Eyes

Yes. BTC is doomed. Has entered the chain death spiral. Bitcoin Cash will be the winner.

LOL your BCH already dropped 30% today mate. BTC up a hair at the same time. I think you're on a pipe dream w/ the $1,000 BCH price this morning.

What are you talking about? It's currently up by 30%(net) if that isn't good as of the last 72 hours, I don't know what is.

I don't want to support bch, but if it becomes viable, I may just.
Activity: 11
August 19, 2017, 03:23:02 PM
Yes. BTC is doomed. Has entered the chain death spiral. Bitcoin Cash will be the winner.

LOL your BCH already dropped 30% today mate. BTC up a hair at the same time. I think you're on a pipe dream w/ the $1,000 BCH price this morning.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
August 19, 2017, 03:17:04 PM
I highly doubt it.  Right now it's barely catching on as a decent alt coin,
and as far as being a threat....don't think it's going to happen.  And
that's not to say it won't get inflated by speculators,  because I think
it will.  It might even get close in price to bitcoin, but I suspect that it's
never going to be a true competitor.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
August 19, 2017, 03:10:30 PM
Whew I'll tell ya waking up to a $1000 BTH was pretty surprising and had me questioning the choice to sell my BTH day 1. But after reading into it more I bet we see it slowly dip back down under $500 by this time next week. woulda been a good pump to get in on tho 3x in a day eh?

Its just begun, wait until tomorrow!

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
August 19, 2017, 02:53:50 PM

great. 100% centralised mining and what little development there is.

that sounds exactly like the bitcoin we've all been pining for.

can't wait.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
August 19, 2017, 02:47:59 PM
Pages:
Jump to: