Pages:
Author

Topic: BCTIP - Printable Bitcoin Tips - page 3. (Read 17502 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1
August 27, 2014, 02:05:29 AM
A friend just told me about your site today. I must say I think its a great idea!! I will definitely be using this in the near future.

One criticism / suggestion I have is in regards to the wording and description printed on the tips. The average person who knows nothing about IT / bitcoins might be confused and intimidated by all the language used on the slip. Words such as "Open source", "Cryptography" and "P2P Technology" can be intimidating to some people.

I would suggest a new template, "Bitcoin for Dummies" so to speak which replaces this explanation with an ELI5 version. Simple things like "Digital Cash", "Safe and Secure", etc..  Something that engages EVERYONE to a point where they go "I need to find out more about this stuff".

Also, the "Search 'Bitcoin' online" wording is telling the user they need to look into this more. This sounds silly, but people can be REALLY lazy. I would suggest saying "Visit Bitcoin.com for more information" or some other relavent big site.

Anyways thats my .02 cents. Thanks!
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
August 20, 2014, 03:18:18 AM
Landing page will be translated soon.
Where is the German page?
The German page is in place. Any tips generated in German locale will point to the page translated to German.
I will send you URL of German tip in PM to check it out.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
August 05, 2014, 04:41:05 AM
Landing page will be translated soon.
Where is the German page?
Activity: 4
July 27, 2014, 01:33:32 PM
Love this service Norm!

You have made introducing people to Bitcoin fun. It is now enticing for the investigative and less risky for us enthusiasts. I find it useful as not just for tipping but it can give a person newly introduced to Bitcoin a loss aversion feeling.

I commend you on the lower denomination and new language options.

Since overstock.com and Tigerdirect accept them your service could start a trend for replacing store specific gift cards. The expiration time options would need to be expanded and extended. Think about it. In most states of the US, when someone gives a gift card they don't know if it gets used, if it does not, the stores don't get to keep the money, neither do you. The money goes to the governement. With your service at least it would go back to you... a year later, sure... but it is not lost. Bitcoin peeps will start using it. Eventually it could go big. The benefits to the user is very clear.

Rock On my friend! You have made a fine service. I hope you get rich delivering beneficial service to this vibrant community.   
Activity: 4
April 08, 2014, 03:52:28 AM
Awesome idea!

Just printed my first tips!

Could you add a 50cent option though?

Again thanks for this. It's awesome.
March 24, 2014, 03:54:37 AM
Finnish translation has been added.
February 21, 2014, 02:53:30 PM
Again congratulations, Norn, I keep using the service!  Smiley

Could you change the price to the ones from Bitstamp o Bitcoinaverage? Thx!
Thanks MarcoPon! The rate has been changed to the Bitstamp one.
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
February 13, 2014, 12:08:45 PM
Again congratulations, Norn, I keep using the service!  Smiley

Could you change the price to the ones from Bitstamp o Bitcoinaverage? Thx!
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
January 13, 2014, 07:58:27 PM
I wonder what the reaction is when someone gets a tip this way
Activity: 61
January 12, 2014, 10:00:51 PM
I have printed some for various friends!
Thanks for the nice service!  Smiley
Activity: 695
Merit: 502
PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38
November 25, 2013, 06:32:27 AM
would be interesting to see the number of tips for each $ amount and % redeemed for each value.  I would guess the $10 worth of btc are more likely to be redeemed.
Activity: 644
Merit: 504
November 24, 2013, 04:57:34 PM
Italian localization is still missing Sad
Activity: 695
Merit: 502
PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38
November 24, 2013, 04:44:35 PM
Had a printer error.. cut off a little of the edge of the first card.  had to adjust some settings, and got a good page out.

shredding the bad pages.

works great.

is there anything other than bookmarking my purchase url to help me keep track of what has been redeemed?
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010
October 07, 2013, 04:51:56 PM
It is recommended to give BCTip in addition to the regular tips

At the Crypto Currency Conference this past weekend there was an event on Friday at BitPay's offices and they had a tablet set up so tips in Bitcoin to the bartenders could be accepted:

However, ... the bartenders were serving customers faster than tippers were tipping -- (and who wants to stand there sending a tip after you finally got booze in your hands anyways), so having some BCTips with me really would have been useful.    I wish I had thought to print some up ahead of time.  

And then the cocktail hour on Saturday evening had only a regular tip jar, so there was no bitcoin tipping (though the bartender said she had plenty of people ask to give bitcoin tips).   There too these BCTips would have come in handy!   i did have a paper wallet funded with some tip-sized amount and offered to give that as a tip but the process to redeem it (i.e., installing an app, sweeping the funds, etc.)  was beyond what the bartender wanted to hear.

There's definitely a place for these!
September 27, 2013, 08:24:56 AM
Are transaction fees paid in USD or BTC?
Transaction fees are in Bitcoins.
Thanks for pointing out, I have added the BTC postfix to the transaction amount field.
Activity: 88
GaoGaiGar!
September 22, 2013, 01:02:14 AM
Are transaction fees paid in USD or BTC?
Activity: 156
Founder of Bitbond
August 12, 2013, 11:20:11 AM
Read about it in a blog post some days ago and now looked at it in more detail. It's a very cool idea and I like it!  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 1000
August 05, 2013, 11:21:31 AM
Love the idea and the execution.

Will try out properly tonight and print some off.

Well done though mate. It looks fantastic
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
August 03, 2013, 03:52:20 PM
Love this!  I would also love however to have a custom value option.  I would like to basically this tool as a way to do kind of a physical paper faucet.  Giving out $1 in BTC to someone who provided you a service is reasonable, but say you are explaining bitcoin to a large group of people, handing out $1 to every person would not work out well (for me), where as a smaller amount would at least get them started.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 22, 2013, 12:49:01 PM
Hi,

I can't redeem my tip. It always says "Not enough confirmations or not enough funds. Please wait for several minutes or contact support if necessary."

I tried it for several hours - still doesn't work

All problems have been resolved. Thanks for your help!

Really a great idea!
Pages:
Jump to: