Pages:
Author

Topic: Be aware about arbitrage - page 2. (Read 242 times)

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150
January 21, 2021, 02:22:02 PM
Importantly choosing an altcoin for arbitrage is not really a good idea.
Can you provide a little explanation for why that's not a good idea ?
Meanwhile, arbitrage is one of the trading tips that can provide profit to trader, meaning that arbitrage is a way for day trader to profit from trading.

One of the mistakes that arbitrage trader often make is rushing to buy crypto asset without paying attention to some important point such as the functionality of a wallet between two exchange. This will prevent users from experiencing the same fate as the OP. I hope the OP makes this incident a valuable lesson in the future.

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
January 21, 2021, 01:21:19 PM
In recent times, there are some good arbitrage opportunities I can see on different platform. Recently, I tried to have an arbitrage on COTI/USDT pair which seems lucrative and also between two best exchange. Buy at Kucoin and sell in Binance. There was a spread of 23% almost which seems very lucrative. I purchased from Kucoin and when I wanted to withdraw, it was suspended. By this time, I have lost around $30. Before you go for arbitrage, make sure everything is okay. Remember, there is a reason behind the spread.
Never try to do arbitrage trading when you see huge difference in the price range especially with reputed exchange because there might be issues with withdrawals or deposits for particular coins on such occasions. If you want to do arbitrage then just set the margin to 5% and only choose the exchanges where the withdrawals processed in real quick not for hours.

Importantly choosing an altcoin for arbitrage is not really a good idea.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1225
January 21, 2021, 01:06:38 PM
The reason was simple.

Why Kucoin have the big spread than Binance almost 23% because suspended and a holder on Kucoin selling their token more cheaper on there since everyone can withdraw and decide to just dumb the token/coins.

Anyway, you was realized a few minutes after buying cant withdrawl how you can lose 30$? did you not selling ont he same price again or the gap spread orderbook between buy and sell was pretty high on kucoin ?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 21, 2021, 11:54:27 AM
In arbitration, the most important thing is the presence of large reserves. In arbitrage, earning 1% on a deal is already very good.
In the case above, everything was fine. 23% spread isn’t a small amount of course. If you could invest $1000 and make a successful trade, easy $230 or at least $200 was there. That was certainly a good deal but there are lots of other factors which needs to be checked.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
January 21, 2021, 11:48:36 AM
To make money on arbitrage you need to work differently Wink I am not an expert in these matters, but i see that there are many dangerous moments in your scheme.
In arbitration, the most important thing is the presence of large reserves. In arbitrage, earning 1% on a deal is already very good.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 21, 2021, 11:41:39 AM
In recent times, there are some good arbitrage opportunities I can see on different platform. Recently, I tried to have an arbitrage on COTI/USDT pair which seems lucrative and also between two best exchange. Buy at Kucoin and sell in Binance. There was a spread of 23% almost which seems very lucrative. I purchased from Kucoin and when I wanted to withdraw, it was suspended. By this time, I have lost around $30. Before you go for arbitrage, make sure everything is okay. Remember, there is a reason behind the spread.
Pages:
Jump to: