Pages:
Author

Topic: Be aware of Butterfly Labs Miners - page 2. (Read 8103 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
July 11, 2013, 11:46:19 AM
Holee crap.  Roll Eyes Dead horse. beaten. repeatedly. It never ceases to amaze me when folks jump behind the keyboard and type a bunch of opinionated shit without reading one iota of fact first.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
July 11, 2013, 11:41:51 AM
Personally, the power adapter for my jallies are stated as 13V, 6A for output so I'm assuming it's a max of 78W but there are proof of screenshots at a max of 48W. Wait till i got hands on Kill-A-Watt
I speak from experience when I say my Kill-a-watt measured the Jallys at ~35W, and the SC Singles at 260W.

Cant remember seeing if you posted it, but did you flash your Jala?  I did mine, but i never measured the increased in consumption and have been too lazy to unplug it and test.
Activity: 152
Merit: 102
July 11, 2013, 11:21:13 AM
Orders of Jally's are filled up to the 24th September 2012. Orders for larger units are still sitting at the 23rd June 2012. You should have done a little research before posting it would have made you look more credible. Cheesy
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
July 11, 2013, 07:50:40 AM
BLAH BLAH BLARGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
Soo... few questions:

Who's sock puppet are you?
If not BFL, then who? (Oh wait, almost everyone else selling ASICs is selling pre-order too? Almost everyone else is refusing refunds too? Damn.)
BFL is not mining on customer equipment. This has been gone over dozens of times.
There is tons of data on power consumption, both at the chip level, and for full miners. Jalapeno: 35-40W. Single: 240-260W. MiniRig: 2350-2400W ...what rock have you been under?

Your an idiot.  BFL is obviously a scam, working units or not, they are using them to mine with, they have barely done a month of preorders yet.  They have been telling lies to everyone who asks them when they will get their order, so that they will pre-order, and then they mine with your unit.  They are a Mickey Mouse company, run by a criminal, and everyone who ordered later than the first month will wish they never ordered.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
July 11, 2013, 03:48:22 AM
I speak from experience when I say my Kill-a-watt measured the Jallys at ~35W, and the SC Singles at 260W.
Nice. I should have bought another 4 jallies back in the days.  Undecided

Which altcoins do you suggest?
The ones that I currently working on are TRC and PPC. You can check the profitability between different altcoins here
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
Thanks
donator
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
July 11, 2013, 03:38:47 AM
Nice. I should have bought another 4 jallies back in the days.  Undecided

The ones that I currently working on are TRC and PPC. You can check the profitability between different altcoins here
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
July 11, 2013, 02:18:56 AM

the ASIC ain't just for BTCs, but for altscoins with SHA256 (tested and proven personally)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
July 11, 2013, 12:14:17 AM
Personally, the power adapter for my jallies are stated as 13V, 6A for output so I'm assuming it's a max of 78W but there are proof of screenshots at a max of 48W. Wait till i got hands on Kill-A-Watt
donator
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
July 10, 2013, 11:53:14 PM
2 post and Jr Member.  Grin

But still, my 2 cents worth.
the ASIC ain't just for BTCs, but for altscoins with SHA256 (tested and proven personally)

BFL are not mining on any pool but is doing on a 24hour stress test (not sure whether it's local or testnet. saw the post somewhere by Josh)

legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2013, 09:18:15 PM
BLAH BLAH BLARGH I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
Soo... few questions:

Who's sock puppet are you?
If not BFL, then who? (Oh wait, almost everyone else selling ASICs is selling pre-order too? Almost everyone else is refusing refunds too? Damn.)
BFL is not mining on customer equipment. This has been gone over dozens of times.
There is tons of data on power consumption, both at the chip level, and for full miners. Jalapeno: 35-40W. Single: 240-260W. MiniRig: 2350-2400W ...what rock have you been under?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 10, 2013, 07:25:58 PM
Based on how the ASIC miners are coming online by the thousands, and the fact that difficulty have been increasing at a steady rate of 1.26% since beginning of year, there's no reason to think that the rate of difficulty increase will ease soon over the next few months.

Meaning if you buy a ASIC miner that have no other use than mining BTCs:
70% of profit is mined in the first 3 months!!!!
97% of BTC is mined in the first 9 months!!!!!!!!!!

The economics of buying ASIC miners from Butterfly Labs makes no sense.  Considering that:
- They are extremely slow in shipping, 2 months or more meaning a year or 10.  They are still trying to ship the June 23rd order from LAST YEAR
- No refunds, all payment upfront.

While they are busy using the rigs to "burn in testing", they are getting a lot of BTCs for themselves for sure while their customers are waiting for them to ship.  So if they delay the order by 6 months or so, they would have earned 90% of the profit themselves.  By the time their customers receive their last gen order, it'll be obsolete because their little 5GH/s unit cannot compete with new 500 GH/s or 1TH/s ASICs.

Furthermore there's no data on power consumption, meaning that the power consumption is likely very significant.

So stay away from ButterflyLabs and don't be the fish biting their hook!

Pages:
Jump to: