Pages:
Author

Topic: Be aware of what to do as a new user to prevent losing your account. - page 2. (Read 180 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 638

To determine whether your article contains any plagiarism, visit https://1text.com.
Thank you. I'm open to any more comments that might prevent too many accounts from being banned from the forum.

You don't need to visit any site to confirm if your article is free from plagiarism or not. It's only when you copy text from different sources and try to make it look as if all the entire content belongs to you that you need tools like those you mentioned to check if your contents are convincing enough not to be detected as plagiarized content. If one writes something from his brain, even if the person might have read it from the internet weeks, months, or years ago, there is very little possibility of the writer's content looking exactly like that of the learning source, unless the person crams the entire word. If not, whatever you are writing from your head will definitely be different from others, even if there are about three of you who read the same book. Your point of view and understanding will be different from others'.

Among all your aforementioned reasons why people get banned, plagiarism is one of the things I noticed moderators don't take seriously; they either give a temporary ban or a permanent ban; it all depends on the level of your offense.
Another one you fail to add is having different alt accounts participate in the same campaign with the purpose of rug pulling, bounty cheating, ban evasion, etc. all of this are things which add to banning of accounts.
Activity: 546
Merit: 334
Considering that the number of banned accounts is increasing daily and over time, I want to take this opportunity to offer advice to new users of bitcointalk.org. I'm not sure why this is the case, but I believe it is because of a few factors that I want to discuss right now.

1. Lack of proper forum knowledge: At this point, I'm sure the majority of people join these forums without having a thorough understanding of how bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies work. Instead of asking questions when they don't understand something, they instead copy someone else's ideas and claim them as their own, which is bad and against the forum rules.

2: Technical board: Most of the banned accounts I've seen in the forum were barred from replying to a topic in the technical board, and I suspect that these accounts had plagiarized by copying content from the internet and pasting it there. The technical board is not appropriate for new users who have just joined the forum to learn about bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. The only thing a novice who is unfamiliar with bitcoin should do there is to just ask technical questions, not to respond because you don't understand what is being said.

3. Greed: As a newcomer, you don't have to be greedy about anything; simply ask questions if you don't understand something. This is one of the most significant roles these forum play when it comes to bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.

All of what I've said here is merely what I've noticed from the banned accounts I've seen in the past; if you're a newcomer and want to post something here, you need to conduct your own research (DYOR) and comprehend the subject matter. There is a link you must use to ensure that your post is original; perhaps new users are unsure of how to use it or are unwilling to boarder. To determine whether your article contains any plagiarism, visit https://1text.com.
Thank you. I'm open to any more comments that might prevent too many accounts from being banned from the forum.

Pages:
Jump to: