Pages:
Author

Topic: Be careful of INFLUENCER REVIEWS - page 2. (Read 473 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
July 12, 2019, 05:44:52 AM
This kind of problem is really spreading. There are a lot of platforms nowadays that they are using for spreading their shills. Not only social media account, like twitter or facebook. 
They are even now on Youtube like they will contact that particular channel or youtube content creator to advertise their product (crypto/non-crypto) which even some of those channels didn't even know how it will harm the people especially on financial.

Just like this UPStake is Scam and offers Ponzi membership(UPStake Edge)(Scam Accusation) which advertised by some famous Youtube channel on their video. They even paid some content creators which not really into crypto just to advertise their product.
Activity: 239
Merit: 17
July 12, 2019, 05:00:57 AM
This is so true. I made a mistake similar to what is stated here when i just started investing in ICOs. I was a huge fan of ian balina and i followed his lead to invest 2,000 worth of Eth in sparkster. That turned out to be my worst investment ever, it had the worst team any project could have, the tokens were locked for over a year and when it was released it lost over 90% of its value on the first day.
I lost it all the money i invested in sparkster and i learned a big lesson from it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
July 12, 2019, 04:55:08 AM
There are influencer for almost every product possible, people who recognize with a particular niche and have a large community of loyal followers.

The same can be said of cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrency influencers are becoming more common in the crypto space today with community of thousands of followers across multiple social media platforms.

While these influencers often start out by sharing honest reviews, opinions and news about cryptocurrency projects, it has now gotten to a time where crypto influencers are getting paid to promote projects to their community.

The result of this is biased reviews and misleading people into investing in low grade projects and investors almost always losing their money in the process.

I have had my fair share of losses (thousands of dollars) while following the reviews and recommendationz of cryptocurrency influencers to make investment decisions.

Dont make the same mistakes i did.

Do your own due diligence and only invest when you are sure that you are making the right decision and not based on the result of some influencers reviews
Pages:
Jump to: