Pages:
Author

Topic: Be careful of stupid investors - page 2. (Read 174 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10
April 02, 2018, 05:23:09 PM
very interesting article! as long as there are people who behave the same way as the bulk of people, it makes sense to earn!))) how much I would not listen to the opinion of different experts or amateurs - it still never worked out as they said! You need to have a feeling for growth and fall, as well as at least a little bit understanding of the schedule and the news!
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
April 01, 2018, 09:12:02 AM
Buying low and selling high has always been the dream of everyone whether it be bitcoin or stocks. Of course we want profits. But like now, bitcoin isnt moving so that's the reason why people would say buy and hold. Hold means you wait for the right time to sell. Coz if you bought at the time btc was at 11,000 then it went 18,000 thats still considered buying low. But if you bought btc at 11 but it went down to 7,000 or 6,000 if you look at it, selling is not a very good option for you so thats why you hold and wait for the time btc will go back to 11,000 to break even or wait for it to go back to 18,000 by chance.
Activity: 3108
Merit: 972
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 01, 2018, 09:05:36 AM
There are way more FUD threads than HODL threads if you ask me in this forum. It is natural for people to panic and sell their coins to keep their losses to a minimal which in no way makes them stupid investors as you describe them op. At the end of the day, it is their money that they invested and it is completely up to them what they wish to do with it. Calling them stupid for selling is itself a stupid statement. Better to spread advice rather than calling each other stupid on this forum.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
April 01, 2018, 08:55:44 AM
If you follow the "herd" aren't you considered as a stupid investor yourself? Because any investor/trader in their right mind won't let their emotions ran over their decisions because they are seeing the market in the state of panic. This is what separates the real investors from the fake ones as they know what to do during these times and they don't follow the hype, FUD, or anything else that will lead them in a bad position. The real investors also are the ones who are taking advantage of these "stupid investors" as they are the ones who are buying and selling their mistakes.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 759
April 01, 2018, 08:49:15 AM
I don't see people screaming buy, buy, buy, though. What people usually say is "buy the dip", which is coincidentally what you're saying is smart. Few people would disagree with you if you tell them that they should buy low and sell high -- the trick is in the timing.

I would argue against not holding, but pretty much every evidence we can come up with would be anecdotal, so I'll just agree to disagree. I would just like to point out that trading is not for everyone.
Activity: 238
Merit: 109
April 01, 2018, 08:04:44 AM
The full article is linked to below, an excellent read if you have the time.

The short concluding parts:

Following the “herd,” has always ended badly for investors. In every full-market cycle, there is an inevitable belief “this time is different” for one reason or another.
It isn’t. It has never been. And this time will not be different either.

However, what has always separated out the great investors from everyone else, is they have acted independently of the “herd.” They have a discipline, a strategy and a driving will to succeed.

They don’t “buy and hold.” They buy cheap and sell expensive. They avoid losses at all costs and they deeply understand the relationship of risk to reward.

They are the “non-stupid.”

These are the ones you want to follow.

Not the ones screaming at you on bitcointalk telling you to “buy, buy, buy.”

The full good article: http://realinvestmentadvice.com/5-universal-laws-of-human-investment-stupidity/

Pages:
Jump to: