Pages:
Author

Topic: Be careful using Blockchain as your wallet... - page 3. (Read 16498 times)

vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1140
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
Just use a paper wallet.  And/or back up your keys to paper, Blockchain makes that pretty easy.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Personal text my ass....
I've been using Blockchain for a couple of months now. I've sent/received bitcoin on many occassions with no problems. All of sudden today I an unable to log in with my password. I am aware that Blockchain does not store your password locally so I wrote my password down on paper and put it in my safe. It is the same password I use on several of my banking sites, so I know the password well. For some reason I'm unable to log into my Blockchain account and there is no way they are able to help me!! I have this funny little feeling that they maybe have something to do with this. Since I'm unable to get to my money now and that account will just go stale I'm pretty sure that Blockchain will get that money eventually. Maybe they do this on purpose for random accounts? I'm %100 sure that I know my password. It is a little ironic that they don't store your password on their server and can't help me. Strange. So, if you have a lot of money tied up on Blockchain I would send it to your local wallet instead. I'm finding out that the best place to keep your bitcoin is your local wallet and NONE of these online places.
Pages:
Jump to: