Pages:
Author

Topic: Be on the lookout for this scam.. Just got it in my email - page 2. (Read 4864 times)

Activity: 454
Merit: 250
Technology and Women. Amazing.
I received the same e-mail. I'm trying to figure out why/how I got myself onto a list that identifies me as a BTC user.

Sent from:

Erwann Genson [email protected] via amazonses.com

I got it too, looks like they pulled the emails from the mtgox leak that happened a while back.
I do not have a MtGox account.
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin
I received the same e-mail. I'm trying to figure out why/how I got myself onto a list that identifies me as a BTC user.

Sent from:

I got it too, looks like they pulled the emails from the mtgox leak that happened a while back.
GnB
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Lookout for this email. Definitely a scam http://s14.postimg.org/jss6jfeht/image.jpg

Edit: not sure why the image isnt coming up, let me try another website.
My name isn't even david and who would give their private key and password over to a stranger... plus the message was sent from an amazon cloud.
SCAM SCAM SCAM. Dont download, just will give you a virus plus probably steal your private key

Why didn't you post the internet header on this email?
I'm also wondering this lol

EDIT: Spoke to soon, thanks OP
Activity: 252

Just keeping my email private.    

Erwann Genson <[email protected]>
to:    (my email)  
date:    Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 3:11 PM
subject:    Wallet Backup
mailed-by:    amazonses.com

Edit:the 3:11 pm is really 6:11pm. This computer has the wrong time ha
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I got the same thing, it also called me David, which I thought was weird, since I wonder how someone would get my e-mail address but not my name with it.  I mean it's not like I make a secret of it!
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
Lookout for this email. Definitely a scam

My name isn't even david and who would give their private key and password over to a stranger... plus the message was sent from an amazon cloud.
SCAM SCAM SCAM. Dont download, just will give you a virus plus probably steal your private key

I think it may have happened from when someone hack bitcointalk.org. But I'm not sure. If you find out anything please let me know
Activity: 454
Technology and Women. Amazing.

Sent from:

Lookout for this email. Definitely a scam

SCAM SCAM SCAM. Dont download, just will give you a virus plus probably steal your wallet.dat

Pages:
Jump to: