Pages:
Author

Topic: Be very patient, Greek payment drama to continue beyond 2050 - page 2. (Read 1802 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
I am pretty sure it will not last until 2050. It will end this year in a big bang what is the start of the end of the Euro Zone. Would be the best for whole Europe.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
it's a ridiculius situation and it won't stop. they will just stretch it for as long as possible. no one believe these suckers anymore. prepare for worse.
Q7
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
If you have accumulated bad debt, sometimes it would take a miracle to turn things around. That's what I see happening despite injecting billions of euros into an economy which has no way of paying back and the pressure keeps on piling. The condition and scenario faced by the Feds are different since it is a single nation, but the Eurozone is totally different story altogether.
Activity: 1842
Merit: 389
I'm guessing Bitcoin will make the debt easily payable sometime after 2025... as all fiat starts disappearing.

lol ... this entire European crisis lingers forever, the ones who suffer are the middle class, the not the ones who're running the show.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
I'm guessing Bitcoin will make the debt easily payable sometime after 2025... as all fiat starts disappearing.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
http://www.fxwirepro.com/data/charts/201504215679ef8dGreece's%20debt%20due.jpg.jpg

European creditors and Greek government remains at logger heads over the reforms that Greece needs to progress with in order to keep it afloat and within Euro zone.

Some market participants and official institutions like IMF in recent past have indicated that their patience over current Greek government is nearing end and fast action is required.
However analysis over Greece's debt distribution suggests that it is going to be very long affair and as Yanis Varoufakis suggested, this is how Europe moves on from crisis to crisis.

Next major payment tranche is due to IMF on May 12, which is about € 0.77 billion and as of now LAST PAYMENT TRANCHE IS DUE TO EUROPEAN STABILITY FUND (EFSF) ON 28TH APRIL 2054.
In 2011/12 debt crisis it was very clear that Greece has no ability to pay back at least in near term. What was done is distribute the loans over many years and propose such a program that will bring competitive advantage and growth back in Greece, similar to Ireland.

Fantastic chart from WSJ provides glimpse to Greece's liability.

This year remains crucial, as large sum beyond €25 billion is due this year towards IMF, ECB and Treasury bill holders.

What went wrong?

Growth disappointed in Greece and policy makers failed to move ahead with reform amid deteriorating living condition.
With Greece keep returning money till 2054 at least, there is no point losing patience. What Greece and European lenders need now is a credible plan to manage the payments and intention from Greek officials that they will be honoring payments.

(Source: http://fxwire.pro/Be-very-patient-Greek-payment-drama-to-continue-beyond-2050-27567)
Pages:
Jump to: