Pages:
Author

Topic: Bear Market or Market Correction. - page 2. (Read 4832 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
July 16, 2011, 01:20:41 AM
Yeah I'm bearish for a while.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
July 16, 2011, 01:19:26 AM
Just curious on opinions.

The first step is to add a time frame to your question.

(( IMO ))
Long-Term = Bullish

Medium-Term = Bearish | Extremely Bearish: Needs to retest the June 11-12 low of 10.25. | Could go as low as 6.50 to 7.50 (an old trading range) or even 1.50 if the Bulls finally give up, and enough people (including miners) panic-sell.

Short-Term = Could change before I'm done typing.   Cheesy
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
July 15, 2011, 03:11:39 PM
There doesn't seem to be a great deal of new capital entering the system...
Bitcoins are still being mined, and some fraction of those are sold to pay for electricity.  There's enough new capital coming in every day to pay for the electricity.

I can agree with your first two assertions, but I don't see market evidence of the last one. If substantial amounts of capital were being brought in, there would be a number of indicators of that (most notably that the market would be trending up rather than down).
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 14, 2011, 05:25:31 PM
There doesn't seem to be a great deal of new capital entering the system...
Bitcoins are still being mined, and some fraction of those are sold to pay for electricity.  There's enough new capital coming in every day to pay for the electricity.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
July 14, 2011, 03:44:57 PM
Disclaimer: I'm a relative newbie that's been experimenting with different trading and arbitrage techniques on the various markets.

I'm just trying to take a pulse of everyone's general opinion; it's obvious that when the price spiked up to $30, there was bound to be a correction. Luckily I bought in most of my coins when the price was in the 13's last month. Now, as the price creeps back to where I first started at, I'm left wondering if BTC is in a "bear" zone, or this is simply a delayed market correction.

There doesn't seem to be a great deal of new capital entering the system, and most of the trading activity appears to be bots and humans reacting to minor market hiccups (at least in the last couple of weeks where I've been obsessively watching).

Just curious on opinions.
Pages:
Jump to: