Pages:
Author

Topic: BEAUTIFUL Titan 1 oz. 999 fine Gold - 1 BTC coins are here - page 3. (Read 8892 times)

legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
Do you have any for sale that have been graded by PCGS? 

PCGS or NGC won't grade these coins because they're not legal tender anywhere. However, you can get ANACS to grade them, as they're considered as "medallions".
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
OK...I think I'm close to being able to buy one of these.  I'm positive that these will be worth a ton in the future. 

Is there anyway I can pay in two installments to lock in a low serial number?  Do you have any for sale that have been graded by PCGS? 

Activity: 366
Merit: 258
How do you arrive at the $475 premium? That's a nearly 25% mark-up

The premium is calculated at about the break even point for this batch of 100, and includes the average cost of shipping and insurance, as well as a small percentage margin for coin dealers that are reselling these. 

We sold an initial run of 25 coins at a premium of $450 and ended up losing money, but we were also able to lower production costs by making 100 coins at a time for this batch.

Hopefully we'll be able to make more than 100 in 2014 and turn a profit on this product, but I'm mainly just happy to be able to bring them to market.

As an aside, we're actively looking for U.S. mints that do high quality gold coin production and if we can lower costs, we will absolutely lower the premium.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
How do you arrive at the $475 premium? That's a nearly 25% mark-up
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1002
... And typically all modern coins are pure gold. ...

Many modern gold coins including the American Eagle and the Kruggerand are not pure gold.

Hence the key word "typically". If you compare all modern world coins from all country's mint, they're 999 gold. Americans are always the odd ball when it comes to standardizing, such as inches/foot and pounds/ounces.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500
Oh.  We'll throw in an awesome bitcoin propaganda poster for free as well.  Just ask.

Some element of this artwork remind me of something, just can't put my finger on........ Tongue

Someone else just PM'ed and asked if we copied the poster design from cryptolator.  Just to be clear, the artwork was done and we were giving these posters out at BTC conferences before the cryptolator coins were released.  

I'm sure this was just creative minds thinking alike.

Haha, it's ok, It's just funny !

My design was made back in Janurary (Infact, the first drawing that I made date from December 2013) and I was not aware of this Wink

My next design will be completly different tho ! Smiley

Good job on your coins BTW !
I've held the Gold Buffalo alongside these coins and, while I am biased, I would say that these Titans have a brighter shine.  We etch the dies on the sculpted areas, which is what produces the fine grain you see in those closeups.  This texture really catches the light. 

It's very labor intensive to get this finish right, but it adds a nice contrast that you just won't get in high production coins like the Buffalo or the American Eagle.

Well, since you brought up the Buffalo....
Basically, personally, I see the Titan being of far better quality than the US coin.  I only even bought 1 Buffalo, but never again.  I would rather have a regular Eagle over a Buffalo.

I would happily trade in my Buffalo for a Titan Gold.   Anyone?
This goes for a redeemed coin as well. 

I have the 2013 reverse proof buffalo PCGS PR70 Chicago ANA release and that coin is so much hotter it's not even close.

So, you're comparing a PR70 proof coin?  Umm, ok.
Want to trade me for my Buffalo (not proof, not graded) coin for a Titan Gold?  If so, I will happily pay shipping around and escrow fees.

I don't own any Titan Gold coins or any other buffaloes beside my reverse proof. I think the Titan Gold are great looking as well but the buffalo is an iconic design which has been around for 101 years.

The buffalo is a great looking coin design.  No argument here.  I was just talking about the finish. 

If you hold a proof grade buffalo next to one of the Titan coins, you'll see that the texture on these provides a higher contrast that makes the Titan appear "brighter".  From what I've been told, this texturing isn't something that can be done on high-production coins like the buffalo because the dies wear down too quickly.
Oh.  We'll throw in an awesome bitcoin propaganda poster for free as well.  Just ask.

Some element of this artwork remind me of something, just can't put my finger on........ Tongue

Someone else just PM'ed and asked if we copied the poster design from cryptolator.  Just to be clear, the artwork was done and we were giving these posters out at BTC conferences before the cryptolator coins were released. 

I'm sure this was just creative minds thinking alike.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
That's what I said earlier.  Great minds think alike.
Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Activity: 560
I've held the Gold Buffalo alongside these coins and, while I am biased, I would say that these Titans have a brighter shine.  We etch the dies on the sculpted areas, which is what produces the fine grain you see in those closeups.  This texture really catches the light. 

It's very labor intensive to get this finish right, but it adds a nice contrast that you just won't get in high production coins like the Buffalo or the American Eagle.

Basically, personally, I see the Titan being of far better quality than the US coin.  I only even bought 1 Buffalo, but never again.  I would rather have a regular Eagle over a Buffalo.

I have the 2013 reverse proof buffalo PCGS PR70 Chicago ANA release and that coin is so much hotter it's not even close.

Want to trade me for my Buffalo (not proof, not graded) coin for a Titan Gold?  If so, I will happily pay shipping around and escrow fees.

I don't own any Titan Gold coins or any other buffaloes beside my reverse proof. I think the Titan Gold are great looking as well but the buffalo is an iconic design which has been around for 101 years.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

Activity: 560

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
... And typically all modern coins are pure gold. ...

Many modern gold coins including the American Eagle and the Kruggerand are not pure gold.
Love the coin. Great design and great job.

Thanks!  It's a labor of love.
The purity is probably 9999+ fine, but there's a big difference between hitting that mark most of the time and legally certifying the assay as such.  

The gold for these coins is refined using the same process as the mints that are claiming 9999 on their coins.  However, we could literally be sued for fraud if one of these coins tested at 9998 purity and we were claiming four nines.   We talked it over with the refinery/Mint and decided to stick with 3 nines, just to be safe.  

The bottom-line is that these are as pure of a gold product as you can get using modern methods.
You don't even need to look at the back of the coin. The title says 999. And typically all modern coins are pure gold. The only time you really see mixture with other alloys is in jewelry.

It could be a lie too! Ya never know. I've bought gold plated shit before I thought was real. Smiley

This coin seems to shine like the american eagle gold coins.  Not like the fine .9999 buffalo coins. Thank god it isn't as ugly as the south african coins with a copper tone.

No love for the krugerrand?  Wink

I have >1 of each of the coins.

Even though the pictures are of high quality, it's more amazing when it's actually in your hand.  They are beautiful.

It's great to be able to pay with bitcoin as well.

Just a note here....
Coins have not been handled by hands.  Titan mint does have them in airtights.  And, the black felt bags.  And certificates of authenticity.

I REALLY like the idea of a Human on the face instead of the bland B (even if the B is in gold).  Everyone making a coin with simply a B is simply a copy/clone.

I do agree that the GOLD coin should be/have been different than the Goldine/alloy coin.  This leaves room for a change or second series (which in turn will lift the value of rarity if the face changes in another series).  wink.

Several of Titan coins have been sent in to ANACS and graded at MS67.  (Keep in mind that anacs is great not only for the grade, but the sealed slab (sealed by date).

I would like to see a .5oz version (diff face).   How about a brass (meh) or Silver 5BTC coin?

Thanks for the feedback, Michail.  The pictures definitely do not do the coin justice.

I've been hearing the request for a 1/2 oz. gold coin quite a bit.  We'll start looking into sizing and design.

5 BTC coins are coming and will be minted in a 1 oz. Gold and 1 oz. Silver version. 

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029
Damn, those coins look beautiful.

I would like to see a .5oz version (diff face).   How about a brass (meh) or Silver 5BTC coin?
Great idea, I would buy it if it wasn't that expensive - silver coins sound cool, or maybe a 10g gold coin.

Design looks amazing as well.
Pages:
Jump to: