Pages:
Author

Topic: Becareful with Meme Coins - page 6. (Read 1809 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
August 13, 2021, 04:11:45 PM
Although everyone is after the meme coins but currently the meme coins holders are in a big loss. Things may change but its risky to invest in such coins although i have seen these meme coins giving more profit than those fundamental strong coins.

Vitalik Buterin strikes back at doggy coins with $80m rugpull

Ethereum Founder Vitalik Buterin Donates $1 Bn Worth Of Meme Coin ‘Shiba Inu’ For Covid Relief In India

Vitalik Buterin donates more than $60M to charity after selling meme tokens including Shiba Inu

Your advice has proven to be quite sensible in light of the rise and fall of Dogecoin - however there was quite a lot of money to be made if you were not too greedy. Those who held on while expecting to breach the $1 mark were the fish swallowed up by the investment banker sharks. However in the long run it seems to me that Dogecoin actually has a rather bright future precisely because there is a lot more in circulation and it replicates Bitcoin without being subject to the same level of rich people hoarding limited supplies. It is much harder to corner the market if the market is a lot bigger basically, so we might start to see a resurgence of certain "Meme" coins in future.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
August 13, 2021, 02:32:50 PM
Now the meme coins have been dumped hardly, I think now there is a 5% chance that meme coins can recover. There are still many shitcoins being created and people are investing but now most shitcoins can only give you a loss. Because in May and June there were influencers' tweets about shitcoins that's why they were increasing but now influences are not tweeting about them. So you should not invest in shitcoins.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 305
Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week
August 13, 2021, 02:24:56 PM
Although everyone is after the meme coins but currently the meme coins holders are in a big loss. Things may change but its risky to invest in such coins although i have seen these meme coins giving more profit than those fundamental strong coins.

Vitalik Buterin strikes back at doggy coins with $80m rugpull

Ethereum Founder Vitalik Buterin Donates $1 Bn Worth Of Meme Coin ‘Shiba Inu’ For Covid Relief In India

Vitalik Buterin donates more than $60M to charity after selling meme tokens including Shiba Inu

I too have invested in Shiba Inu. Ever since Elon Musk tweets about doge coin, too may meme coins came to existence. Few were created against doge. Those who focused on doge, later turned towards Shiba Inu. Since its much cheaper, many bought as much as they could. Yes as you say, its really risky, however, we still hope so on meme coins seeing doge grow in the market since 2017. 
copper member
Activity: 812
Merit: 12
I ❤ ₿itcoin and Ethereum
August 13, 2021, 02:12:30 PM
In the recent dump, these meme coins suffered the most.
Expect from the dogecoin, all other meme coins are 70-80% down. I don't see any recovery of these meme coins until the market is back in bull phase.

that's why I never invest in meme coin, because it's very risky for me to lose my money, then I also always advise my friends and family not to invest in meme coin for the long term, because meme coin is rising right now just because of the hype from Dogecoin and when the hype is gone, then the price of meme coin will definitely go down and it's hard to increase again, so the risk is very big for us to invest in meme coin.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 13, 2021, 01:56:11 PM
Everyone agrees that it is quite risky to invest into meme coins, we all know that they are just there because of the hype and as soon as the hype end they will be gone, however people are still doing it for some reason, just riding the wave for now and make money until they end up losing it all. I do not understand why people are still doing this, there are much better ways to make money, but because they could make money a lot quicker with the meme coin hype world, they are still investing.

Many people I know who invested into doge, did not do it because they believed it was a good coin, they knew that it was a horrible coin. Only reason they actually did it was the fact that they actually ended up making profit and did not get out, saw the hype, and said let’s ride this wave for now and that is why they bought doge and hold as long as they can.
copper member
Activity: 2968
Merit: 575
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 13, 2021, 12:26:26 PM
I suspect that meme coin won't last long. I'm pretty sure it's popular because of the current high price of Doge. however, I'm thinking of sticking with safe coins instead. sometimes, coin memes go up because only a few people own it, and the price is very prone to dumping. I also had a meme coin a few months ago, but I sold it early because I thought it was very easy to dump.
The trend is already over. Most of the meme coins have already died. Few new shitty meme coins can be seen now and then, gets pumped, dies the next day. Anyone that invests on meme coin to get rich now are plain stupid. We have been seeing trends like this happening for years. As soon as the trend is over, almost 99% of those coin no longer recover from the crash. The current trend now is those game tokens or whatever you call them. See how insane the prices are going. I have a strong feeling they will also end up being worthless after few weeks.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 343
August 13, 2021, 12:11:34 PM
Meme coins have taken over the crypto space, people no longer want a project with a real product or take time to think of what Utility their coin should possess, they are just busy creating shitcoins, most of those shitcoins are dead now after the dump that lasted for a while, buying meme coins is very risky you could becoming rich or end up enriching the dev, it's a too sided game where you stand more chance to lose than gain profit.
It was uncertain as many investors are still looking for potential projects that are worth an investment. Some are just riding on the hypes which we could see that shitcoins are on the trend and we can't deny that we taking a profit from them but thinking how this will run in the future? You have found it right, these coins (shitcoins) will absolutely die due to no support from the community and the developers itself.

If we are looking for those projects that can give us some assurance, therefore, we have to choose reliable projects that have a working product, not these knows meme coins.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
August 13, 2021, 12:09:27 PM
Memecoin trend has already subside,  nft is actually trending with game based token.  Memecoin trend will come back in the future and I aiming to buy more Shiba inu as it is very decentralized and I love what it represents.  If one however by shitty Memecoin,  just consider your money gone!
This small disappearance for you is insignifican when you are probably just a person who often buys lottery, winning only needs to put in a small amount of money, losing a little money can also try again in the next time but other people don't have such a level of perception, meme coin for them is a big exchange and can be a big success. Shiba Inu is one of the trusted representatives of the get rich revolution and as usual, nothing more special, except for the extremely sharp price drop following such demand.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 13, 2021, 12:03:19 PM
if you are not a fan of hypes it's far better to stay on your safe side, this project is more on hyping and no real usages, those people behind

this project knows and understand the emotion and greed of those who loves riding with the pump, most of those who lose their
money are people who didn't recognize the risk but just simply believe that if timing is right there's money in it.

Be very furious or not to take things without knowledge, it will be more harder to control when you don't have any idea.

I suspect that meme coin won't last long. I'm pretty sure it's popular because of the current high price of Doge. however, I'm thinking of sticking with safe coins instead. sometimes, coin memes go up because only a few people own it, and the price is very prone to dumping. I also had a meme coin a few months ago, but I sold it early because I thought it was very easy to dump.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
August 13, 2021, 10:18:26 AM
Meme coins have taken over the crypto space, people no longer want a project with a real product or take time to think of what Utility their coin should possess, they are just busy creating shitcoins, most of those shitcoins are dead now after the dump that lasted for a while, buying meme coins is very risky you could becoming rich or end up enriching the dev, it's a too sided game where you stand more chance to lose than gain profit.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Gistcoin
August 13, 2021, 07:41:16 AM
All investments have risks, but keep in mind that coin and token memes like Dogecoin and Shiba Inu dominated most of the conversation around the crypto market boom earlier in the year but as the market turned in May, their respective prices fell harder and faster than most of their contemporaries. However, with the market on the rise, those volatile assets are now rising faster than many other assets.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
August 13, 2021, 06:41:13 AM
Memecoin trend has already subside,  nft is actually trending with game based token.  Memecoin trend will come back in the future and I aiming to buy more Shiba inu as it is very decentralized and I love what it represents.  If one however by shitty Memecoin,  just consider your money gone!
Activity: 977
Merit: 10
August 13, 2021, 04:38:06 AM
Indeed, some meme coins have had success with their projects, such as Shiba Inu. but there are also a lot of coin memes that tend to be like Ponzi schemes. lucky indeed shiba inu is supported by the founder of ethereum vitalik.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 250
July 13, 2021, 03:21:39 AM
I agree with the meme coin, but if we invest in this coin we have to use the annual formula, meaning we buy coins to keep and we spend when the price rises. this potential usually works if practiced, indeed meme coins usually don't rise at high numbers, but if we buy in large and large quantities and then we store it for a long period of time, it has the opportunity to rise from the price we bought. I prefer to use this method to invest on the grounds that small capital gains in the future are much larger.
It also still really depends on what meme coin you choose, because there are so many meme coins now and if you choose the wrong one, then you will experience loss of money and profits you can only get through dreams, because the potential for meme coins is not like any other coin which is already more popular in the market.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
August 13, 2021, 04:31:35 AM

Meme coins just in a way contributed to the bull run, they kind of started the shitcoins season and where many made good profits others got trapped, and as the market dumps a lot dumped with it, with no sign of recovery, thus proving the case that, Meme coins have no use case backing them up, so yes, one needs to be careful of them.
Even the top Meme coin Dogecoin have no use case, what pumps the price is tweets and nothing more, even those that claimed to be working on one thing or the other, nothing has been heard so far about them. Now NFT is here, sooner than later, a lot of them will spring up again copying others, adding others name to theirs to get attention and so on. Therefore in all ramifications, it shows due diligence shouldn't be ignored when investing in any sort of project or coin.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 255
August 13, 2021, 04:07:39 AM
No wonder if Safemoon is only running in Ethereum blockchain, Vitalik would surely kick out these coins from his wallet. But infairness, I really salute to the marketing team behind Safemoon, they are incredible professional interms of hyping. Imagine no Elon Musk, but Safemoon goes up.
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
July 13, 2021, 12:31:07 AM
I can testify that meme coin is bad investment and most probably just for short term profit and after that the price slowly decreasing down to the lowest point. From that it would be difficult to bounce back again since no real use case to expect that can boost the price. I will never buy meme coins again because I lost my money almost in meme tokens. Sad truth.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
August 13, 2021, 03:56:49 AM
*snip*

Thanks for the information, I think what Vitalik did by donating the SHIB coin is a good decision, but what I'm worried about is the price of the token, there are lots of investors and hope the price will go up like Dogecoin, I don't have many memecoins at the moment, but I have a portfolio new by looking at memecoin list here https://coinmarketcap.com/view/memes/
Activity: 168
Merit: 19
August 13, 2021, 03:51:41 AM
There are still many issuances of meme coins. As long as there is the support of giant whales, the attention will become higher. But investing in meme coins is more risky than investing in other coins.
If you want a stable investment, don't choose memecoin.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
August 13, 2021, 01:54:04 AM
Vitalik Donates $1 billion+ worth of Shiba Inu coin causing the price dumped and the investors suffered huge loss. I don't think if the price can fully recover in the future because the coin is just a meme so it is not good to invest this kind of coins they are just pump and dump scheme, I don't think if it can last long.
Pages:
Jump to: