Pages:
Author

Topic: beginer - page 2. (Read 1271 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060
June 18, 2013, 10:57:57 PM
I just got a hd 6670 and installed catalyst. Cgminer won't start. I then added app sdk 2.8, same result. I'm at a loss :/
legendary
Activity: 3578
Merit: 1091
Think for yourself
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
June 17, 2013, 10:17:10 PM
i would like to get some info how to get started on mining?
any tutorials?? i know im not gona make tons of money, i would like to start as a hobby.

Welcome! Smiley

Your first decision to make is what platform you are going to use. As far as I know, there are 3 major options: GPU (based on your graphics card), FPGA (field-programmable gate array), and ASIC (application-specific integrated circuit). They all have their strengths and weaknesses, including cost, hashrate, power consumption, and availability. I personally think the custom USB ASIC devices are the way to go. The Butterfly Labs Jalapeno seems to be the best device at the moment -- but they are scarce. I personally went with the USB Block Eruptor, but I overpaid @ BTC 2.6 each for five.

The simplest thing to do would be to run guiminer and mine from your graphics card. No additional hardware needed.

If you want to try custom hardware, the easiest thing would be to just stick one Block Eruptor into a spare USB port and watch the Satoshis flow in.

If you want a more robust setup, you could invest in a Raspberry Pi (it's basically a tiny computer that can run Linux) and a powered USB hub to drive numerous Block Eruptors. Just be aware that it could take a year or more to get your investment back -- and who knows what the price of BTC will be then.

Just make sure you know what you're getting into, and you'll have fun.  Grin
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
June 17, 2013, 03:09:25 PM
i would like to get some info how to get started on mining?
any tutorials?? i know im not gona make tons of money, i would like to start as a hobby.
Pages:
Jump to: