Pages:
Author

Topic: Beginner: Is investing in Altcoins a good choice at the moment? - page 2. (Read 1835 times)

legendary
Activity: 1235
Merit: 1003
https://minepi.com/cryptomeneer
Its always difficult to say which coin is the best to invest  and hold for 1 year+.

Think when you want to hold for 1 year, the best thing to do is researching the fundamentals of a coin/token/asset.
There are some great projects ongoing with potential real world adoption.

Think it's further up to you to search for the coins what yoi think it fits in you're portfolio.

Can give suggestions but there are many different coins with different purposes.

On coinmarketcap is a list of almost all the coins in circulation. Think it's worth to check the list and pick some coins for researching if it worth to invest in.

About the taxes is hard to say.
In Holland we have to pay capital tax if we have more than €25K.
Dunno how that works in youre country. Think google can help you with that.

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
thank you. so u think that it's better to get rid off my altcoins too? :O ...don't want to pay the huge taxes on it, how to prevent that!?
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
My gut feeling is that investing in Alts is dangerous at the moment. And it looks like you have the same feeling, otherwise you wouldn't ask, right?

To be more specific: I think we still have a few days, maybe weeks of fun ahead of us. And single projects may still be a good investment. But overall, I'd wait.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hello Bit and Altcoiners,

I'm pretty new in the Cryptocurrency world and created my first Kraken Account 2 Weeks ago, funded it with 300 EUR and have now BTC/ETH/XRP/XMR worth over 500 EUR.
I'm very excited now because I'm really fascinated about the different coins, about their developers and their ideas. I feel that this world is what I really want to invest my time and money in, I see a lot of potential.

Now I have 2500EUR but I'm not sure if there is just a big altcoin bubble happening at the moment, and I'm really afraid buying in at a high and lose my money. Of course I can pay my bills, but I really would like to get money out of it in some time.

My plan is to invest now (or maybe later? -> bubbling?) and cash out to EUR in 1 year (at the earliest) to avoid taxes (living in austria, after 1 year its taxfree).

So far I like BTC / ETH / LTC / XRP / XEM / XMR / PIVX.

Also what I don't know is: When I withdraw 2500 EUR to BTC/ALTCOINS and cash-out to EUR after at least 1+ year - do I need to pay taxes when I trade between different altcoins in that time or is it still taxfree?

What coins would you invest, how would you spread your money in the portfolio? ...better wait to invest because of the -maybe- "bubble" ?

I really appreciate every tip and help.

THANKS,
BBel
Pages:
Jump to: