Pages:
Author

Topic: Beginner Issues - page 2. (Read 513 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 1
July 25, 2018, 06:30:44 PM
I apologize in advance if this is redundant to anyone, but unfortunately I cannot search the forum so I have to ask my question here.

So I downloaded Bitcoin Core. I purchased bitcoins on Coinmama. I created a new wallet in Bitcoin Core, and verified it with Coinmama. Little did I know, Bitcoin Core has to download, now, 200gigs of blocks to display my transaction, because obviously mine is fairly recent.

Now I verified on https://explorer.bitcoin.com/btc/ that my wallet ID does indeed have the funds in there.

However, I dont have the computer memory to support 200gigs. I just went out and bought a 128gig SD just for this, and only THEN found out its 200 gigs.

Now I tried going into Help > Debug Window to try to turn the wallet into a private key so I can transfer it into another app by doing this:

16:52:32 walletpassphrase(…)

16:52:32 null

16:56:52 dumpprivkey "wallet ID in here"

It gave me an alphanumeric string starting with L.

When I tried to enter that into a new bitcoin wallet app called Bither, it asked me for a password. I entered my passphrase from Bitcoin core, yet it doesnt work.

Now my question is, in order to transfer the bitcoins, do I need to have them be delivered to my wallet in bitcoin core first?

Also what can I do about the space issue? I tried pruning, which from what I understand is when you open bitcoin.conf and write "prune" in there. Of course, it didnt work.

Please Help!
Pages:
Jump to: