Pages:
Author

Topic: Beginner starting trading - page 4. (Read 4537 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 20, 2015, 03:17:57 PM
When you don't have much BTC to trade with, you might better start with altcoin trading. In that situation you can also become familiar with the actual trading process (and its risks).

Most altcoins are probably more volatile than Bitcoin, so there will be more changes in value. This might return in profit, but also in loss.

Ok and altcoins can be exchanged for bitcoins right? Any tips on where I should begin?

poloniex if you don't bother too much with their new id verification, but you can still put fake name, otherwise crypsy is good big volume, and great security never hacked for now

security is important for a trader since you need to store always an amount for fast trading

there is also bittrex, which has changed its front recently, starting from there and then move to cryptsy would not be a bad move

I apologize I'm confused. So i should join one of those exchanges buy the currency then trade until I make a profit and sell to get more  bitcoins?

as beginner try to avoid altcoins, unless you know that investing in altcoins is the same as gambling. there are way too many pump & dump coins.

Lol one says use altcoins one says don't use alt coins. I made a btc-e account and transfers my measly bitcoins I wanted to transfer some funds but coinbase takes 6 days any way to add funds faster?

try with cryptsy they should be faster, even if they are considered slow, they are dealing with usd since years already

avoid altcoin if don't know how to trade, i would say to avoid trading in general, but if you have experience, they(altcoin) could be good to build your bitcoin portfolio

usually alt gets a "pump rotation", but they are slim pump, nothing to compare with the golden age, i believe many whales left the scene...
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
May 20, 2015, 02:48:51 PM
When you don't have much BTC to trade with, you might better start with altcoin trading. In that situation you can also become familiar with the actual trading process (and its risks).

Most altcoins are probably more volatile than Bitcoin, so there will be more changes in value. This might return in profit, but also in loss.

Ok and altcoins can be exchanged for bitcoins right? Any tips on where I should begin?

poloniex if you don't bother too much with their new id verification, but you can still put fake name, otherwise crypsy is good big volume, and great security never hacked for now

security is important for a trader since you need to store always an amount for fast trading

there is also bittrex, which has changed its front recently, starting from there and then move to cryptsy would not be a bad move

I apologize I'm confused. So i should join one of those exchanges buy the currency then trade until I make a profit and sell to get more  bitcoins?

as beginner try to avoid altcoins, unless you know that investing in altcoins is the same as gambling. there are way too many pump & dump coins.

Lol one says use altcoins one says don't use alt coins. I made a btc-e account and transfers my measly bitcoins I wanted to transfer some funds but coinbase takes 6 days any way to add funds faster?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
May 20, 2015, 01:53:09 PM

I apologize I'm confused. So i should join one of those exchanges buy the currency then trade until I make a profit and sell to get more  bitcoins?

May 20, 2015, 12:35:22 PM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 20, 2015, 12:27:04 PM

May 20, 2015, 11:42:22 AM

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
May 20, 2015, 11:15:27 AM

May 20, 2015, 11:09:16 AM
Things to consider before you start trading.
Exchanges have transaction limits, meaning that you won't be able to set orders smaller than the limit (for example 0.01 BTC).
If you trade with a very small amount of BTC you won't earn anything because of the transaction and withdrawal fees. For instance if you buy 0.1 BTC, and the price goes up by 10USD your profit will be only 1USD -fees.

For the time being that's fine with me because I am just starting out and I don't want to dive headfirst into something I don't fully understand. How do I begin trading with what little bitcoins I have?

You need to make an account on an exchange and transfer your coins to that account, but you don't have enough money to even trade for fun. You'll need to buy some with fiat first or earn it otherwise (faucets, services section on this forum).

Here's a list of exchanges: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

How much would I need to begin trading? I have my coins in
mycelium. Which exchange should I get into? I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts
May 20, 2015, 10:30:40 AM
Things to consider before you start trading.
Exchanges have transaction limits, meaning that you won't be able to set orders smaller than the limit (for example 0.01 BTC).
If you trade with a very small amount of BTC you won't earn anything because of the transaction and withdrawal fees. For instance if you buy 0.1 BTC, and the price goes up by 10USD your profit will be only 1USD -fees.

For the time being that's fine with me because I am just starting out and I don't want to dive headfirst into something I don't fully understand. How do I begin trading with what little bitcoins I have?
May 20, 2015, 08:09:15 AM
Hello everyone i have decided to try my hand and bitcoin trading i already have a couple wallets created and the one that i have with mycelium has 4.291 mBTC i will be buying more but i am kind of lost at what to do now. you can buy and trade on the app but i don't think anyone is going to buy such a small amount. what are my next steps? i have gone back all the way to page 13 absorbing as much information as possible. just seeking a little guidance. any and all information will be greatly appreciated
Pages:
Jump to: