Pages:
Author

Topic: Beginning of mining and hardware investment. - page 2. (Read 1197 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 22, 2015, 05:11:34 PM
is there a read a.k.a guide on what this bare minimum is?
Ive played with the calculators and with my local kilowatt hour at .14 its calculating a $2800 profit annually per S7. Of course thats a "perfect world" scenario and in no way guarantees anything, but still keeps me interested and wanting to join the "rat race" for bitcoins.
But before spending actually $ on hardware, what do I need to know?
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
December 22, 2015, 04:56:42 PM
It may or may not be profitable. The profitability depends on the exchange rate, the difficulty, and your electricity rates. There are bitcoin mining profitability calculators that you can use, but keep in mind that the difficulty changes and that can screw with your profits because it can be unpredictable.

As for how much you need to know, you will need to know how to run things from the command line at a bare minimum. However more advanced knowledge is needed for more advanced optimization and configuring.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 22, 2015, 04:27:08 PM
Hello. Sparky here, I've become interested in the Bitcoin world about 2 months ago. Thinking you have to pay for bitcoin changed last week when I found out you can create your own by mining.
The latest mining hardware looks fancy and definitely has a sticker price with it to boot. My question is. If you go out and just buy 10 of the new S7 miners and just run em on a rack in your garage 24/7, can that be profitable?
What does one need to know/understand how the mining process works. Is it just a simple plug and play of the mining equipment or do you need a phd in computer science to understand it all?

Pages:
Jump to: