Pages:
Author

Topic: Best alternative to Tether? - page 2. (Read 864 times)

Activity: 246
Merit: 10
For success work hard!
November 14, 2019, 07:21:12 AM

I'm quite worried that Tether will just collapse and all my trading capital will simply vanish.
Is that a valid concern? And do we have a time-frame for when things will be concluded with the latest tether fiasco.?

Would very much appreciate some insight on this.
Thanks.
TG
If you are too worried about your transactions and assets being disrupted, you should also use a few other stablecoins. In the crypto market, there are many types of stablecoins, such as PAX, USDC, TUSD, ...
You don't need to use USDT and become too nervous. We have many options bro, relax.

That's a very good idea you discovered. In this way, the OP allaeast will get some relaxed.
Activity: 770
Merit: 101
November 14, 2019, 07:10:47 AM

I'm quite worried that Tether will just collapse and all my trading capital will simply vanish.
Is that a valid concern? And do we have a time-frame for when things will be concluded with the latest tether fiasco.?

Would very much appreciate some insight on this.
Thanks.
TG
If you are too worried about your transactions and assets being disrupted, you should also use a few other stablecoins. In the crypto market, there are many types of stablecoins, such as PAX, USDC, TUSD, ...
You don't need to use USDT and become too nervous. We have many options bro, relax.
Activity: 246
For success work hard!
November 14, 2019, 06:56:26 AM
What do you think? This is high time to leave Tether and drive into another crypto? I am a little bit confused while reading about Tether fraud from online https://all-stocks.net/featured-the-full-story-of-bitfinex-tether/ Waiting for your reply what to do next. Thank you!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
June 15, 2019, 05:27:58 PM
After I switched from USDT over to USDC things are much slower. The volume of USDC pairs is very low in comparison. For the most part, now I only trade with BTC/USDC. When I traded with USDT, I had dozens of higher volume pairs to choose from...

C'est la vie!
This is the reason I have always preferred USDT and not USDC due to factors like the low pair volume and the slow adoption rate and growth prospects. And you as you said, USDT offers you a huge option of pairs to choose form and you can choose the pair keeping in mind the price moment of the pair. In case of USDC, it keeps you limited to limited options.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
June 15, 2019, 11:31:27 AM
The alternative to tether from my view is USDC. If we are talking about stacking stable coins tether is the best stable coin for me. But hey, don't stack all of your money to tether. It will not grow. Remember the word STABLE. It means it will stay the same. Bitfinex is a good exchange but putting your assets on an exchange, it shouldn't be that way. Try exchanging those tether now to btc and download electrum in which you own the private key. Put all your btc to electrum.
Activity: 210
Merit: 13
June 15, 2019, 10:50:17 AM
After I switched from USDT over to USDC things are much slower. The volume of USDC pairs is very low in comparison. For the most part, now I only trade with BTC/USDC. When I traded with USDT, I had dozens of higher volume pairs to choose from...

C'est la vie!
Activity: 2422
Merit: 343
June 14, 2019, 06:02:40 PM
~snip~
Your information is really rewarding because I'm also very interested in keeping USDC because the speed of transactions and cheap costs are the main reason I chose this stablecoin. In fact, USDC has a very strong management of many great exchanges and even many countries are considering using this stablecoin for many different purposes. I believe that USDC will one day beat USDT and become the leading stablecoin in this market
Let see how it looks like when the market finally is in the bull run. It is quite some times that USDT never has good liquidity results depending on what exchanges we used. Everything will be possible as the market keeps on moving and also Tether will be no longer as its potentiality soon.
But as OP stated, he might wrong and really not a good idea of investing in Tether alone cause we know the risk, it is better to spread it in other coins to make it safe.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 14, 2019, 03:41:47 PM
The coming will be a disaster for USDT if they continue to develop this way. Globlacoin is certainly more prestigious and the transaction fees are much cheaper. In the near future they will have to compete with a very big competitor and I think this will really cause big losses for USDT. Market share will be stolen by Globalcoin.

USDT only exists within the confines of crypto exchanges. It doesn't have any use or purpose outside that. USDT's main appeal is their indifference to compliance as long as you stay within it. Facebookcoin will be a very different beast and we don't know whether they'll allow it to touch any exchanges beyond their approved ones, and even the approved ones may only allow exchanging to proper fiat currencies.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1193
I don't believe in denial.
June 14, 2019, 02:43:12 PM
[...]Volume (24h) however is a different story:
TUSD: $230,429,424 USD
USDC: $105,397,940 USD  [...]
Most of that TUSD volume is coming from BitForex, Bit-Z, and Bitinka. They are massively faking volume.

Compare the size of Binance's TUSD markets to Binance's USDC markets. That will give a more realistic idea of daily volume. It looks like TUSD has ~70% of USDC's volume, if that.

I'm with you on this one; I use Binance too, and I use USDC for a stablecoin on it...  Lips sealed
Activity: 338
StartFi
June 14, 2019, 12:43:29 PM
The coming will be a disaster for USDT if they continue to develop this way. Globlacoin is certainly more prestigious and the transaction fees are much cheaper. In the near future they will have to compete with a very big competitor and I think this will really cause big losses for USDT. Market share will be stolen by Globalcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
June 14, 2019, 12:33:04 PM
            Market Cap        and   Circulating Supply
TUSD: $245,554,095 USD     245,195,643 TUSD
USDC: $343,456,824 USD     343,418,236 USDC

Volume (24h) however is a different story:
USDC: $105,397,940 USD 

We'll see...  Cool

Most of that TUSD volume is coming from BitForex, Bit-Z, and Bitinka. They are massively faking volume.

Compare the size of Binance's TUSD markets to Binance's USDC markets. That will give a more realistic idea of daily volume. It looks like TUSD has ~70% of USDC's volume, if that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 13
June 14, 2019, 10:50:48 AM
Best alternative to Tether?

USDC.
legendary
June 14, 2019, 03:09:14 AM
[....] But I do not see USDC beating TUSD anytime soon.

It is already beating it by:
            Market Cap        and   Circulating Supply
TUSD: $245,554,095 USD     245,195,643 TUSD
USDC: $343,456,824 USD     343,418,236 USDC

Volume (24h) however is a different story:
USDC: $105,397,940 USD 

We'll see...  Cool
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
June 13, 2019, 04:11:01 PM
I think usdc will be the clear best choice very soon. It is supported by Circle and that is why it is so strong. Circle has investments from Goldman Sachs and that firm is not one that will lose money in any way or sense because they have politicians in their pockets and keep bribing them meaning if there is any hit on the stable coin world because of a SEC rule or something then USDC will not be affected by it.

So, the supporters are Poloniex which is owned by Circle which is owned by Goldman Sachs, what type of power could you ever ask from a coin above this one? Maybe Winklevoss twins GUSD will be fine but for me USDC will be the new norm when this USDT thing blows over. Even binance has USDC now and that is saying much more about USDC than USDT while they are competing.
Your information is really rewarding because I'm also very interested in keeping USDC because the speed of transactions and cheap costs are the main reason I chose this stablecoin. In fact, USDC has a very strong management of many great exchanges and even many countries are considering using this stablecoin for many different purposes. I believe that USDC will one day beat USDT and become the leading stablecoin in this market
  What I read according to a recent survey is that the best stable coins in the crypto space right now is the true USD and since I have not invested in stable coins yes, I am looking forward to know more about it as well. There are news about the stable coins of Binance as well. USDC also looks to be the best coins so far. But I do not see USDC beating TUSD anytime soon.
Activity: 407
Merit: 100
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
June 13, 2019, 10:37:25 AM
I think usdc will be the clear best choice very soon. It is supported by Circle and that is why it is so strong. Circle has investments from Goldman Sachs and that firm is not one that will lose money in any way or sense because they have politicians in their pockets and keep bribing them meaning if there is any hit on the stable coin world because of a SEC rule or something then USDC will not be affected by it.

So, the supporters are Poloniex which is owned by Circle which is owned by Goldman Sachs, what type of power could you ever ask from a coin above this one? Maybe Winklevoss twins GUSD will be fine but for me USDC will be the new norm when this USDT thing blows over. Even binance has USDC now and that is saying much more about USDC than USDT while they are competing.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
June 13, 2019, 10:05:34 AM
There are lots of alternatives, lots of good ones out there that you can make use of. I don't even know why some of you feel like tether is the best there is while there are so many of them are good. If you're making use of the blockchain wallet you must have heard about the USD PAX, it is another cryptocurrency that is backed by the USD. So if you have the Blockchain wallet and have also verified your identity, you will be able to exchange your Bitcoin or any of the available cryptocurrencies for USD PAD right from your wallet. There are other similar coins as well that are backed by the USD. There is USDC which is the second alternative to tether. The next is TUSD
In your list, I only trust USDC because this is a recognized coin in many major exchanges and this stablecoin trading volume is always very high. I think there are a lot of alternatives now but if there are many stablecoin appearing on this market, the risk will be much reduced because we don't have to worry too much about stablecoin discount. In my opinion, the price of $1 should be maintained during this period so that all investors can liquidate the best
Same here man! I only go with USDC because of the wide recognition and a good stability of value. There is also the true USD and I think that is something that needs to be considered if you are planning to invest in stable coin. Binance is also on its way to launch its stable coins and trust me it is going to push up BNB. Binance stable coins is pegged to British Pound.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
June 12, 2019, 11:37:01 AM

legendary
June 12, 2019, 03:43:27 AM
Two questions.

Why are you forcing your funds into a stable coin?
Why not just go to the bank if you want stability? [...]

Because some exchanges do not support FIAT trading and some people prefer to trade against a "stable constant". With two crypto trading there are a lot of "moving" parts which make tracking (and predicting!) profits hard(-er).

For instance: I prefer Bitstamp, and they support FIAT. But I also use Gunbot (for fast automated trading), which doesn't support Bitstamp. So I use Binance (also because of the small fees), which doesn't support FIAT. So I need a "stablecoin" for my high frequency automated trading...

Hope this helped.
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
June 11, 2019, 11:03:04 PM
There are lots of alternatives, lots of good ones out there that you can make use of. I don't even know why some of you feel like tether is the best there is while there are so many of them are good. If you're making use of the blockchain wallet you must have heard about the USD PAX, it is another cryptocurrency that is backed by the USD. So if you have the Blockchain wallet and have also verified your identity, you will be able to exchange your Bitcoin or any of the available cryptocurrencies for USD PAD right from your wallet. There are other similar coins as well that are backed by the USD. There is USDC which is the second alternative to tether. The next is TUSD
In your list, I only trust USDC because this is a recognized coin in many major exchanges and this stablecoin trading volume is always very high. I think there are a lot of alternatives now but if there are many stablecoin appearing on this market, the risk will be much reduced because we don't have to worry too much about stablecoin discount. In my opinion, the price of $1 should be maintained during this period so that all investors can liquidate the best
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
June 11, 2019, 04:39:57 PM
Soon, Facebook will launch its cryptocurrency. It is supposed that the new token will be a stable coin. AS FB is extremely popular, there is a high probability of the new coin success. So, Tether can be replaced.

And if the pile of Monero you bought with your Facebookcoin is traced by them, and you can bet your arse it'll have unparalleled surveillance built in, your Facebookcoin account will be shut and you'll be forever banned.

If they're talking to Gemini and Coinbase that must mean some conventional exchange action, but the thing that people like about Tether is that it doesn't give a shit.
Pages:
Jump to: