Pages:
Author

Topic: Best ANDROID wallets - page 2. (Read 5002 times)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100
December 15, 2015, 03:43:31 AM
DigiCube has a terrific, fully functional Android wallet. Complete with coin control, input viewer, debug window, and staking

The StakeStick is also run on Android and brings the internet, streaming video, full wallets, and staking to your HDTV: http://www.freestaking.com/stakestick

+1 Digicube should be on the top list.
Activity: 196
Merit: 109
December 15, 2015, 03:18:21 AM
DigiCube has a terrific, fully functional Android wallet. Complete with coin control, input viewer, debug window, and staking

The StakeStick is also run on Android and brings the internet, streaming video, full wallets, and staking to your HDTV: http://www.freestaking.com/stakestick
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
December 15, 2015, 02:55:02 AM
anyone care to post link to VNL android?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
December 14, 2015, 12:57:00 PM
Vnl android wallet let's you migrate your wallet.dat file from android to windows/ios wallet...  clearly that is more important than making a neat looking gui.

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
December 14, 2015, 08:35:41 AM
i use the normal bitcoin core wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
December 14, 2015, 03:39:37 AM
OP, excellent review and thanks for doing it. I don't own a lot of altcoins right now but I do use the android doge wallet and I'm pretty happy.  The ones for ltc and dash I was not happy with.
legendary
legendary
August 22, 2015, 04:33:39 AM
AOL lol Smiley ... Time-Warner types have already bought out btc

plus i'm not sure if 40-50min confirm time is gonna work well for an Android wallet.  Coins that can send confirms under 150sec yes, over that time limit ... sorry what were you saying I drifted off ... there is a fine limit on how long people will wait at the checkout.

the bitcoin wallet is going to be a web wallet (3rd party aka digital bank) for the 99.9999% that btc thinks it holds sway over ... odd thing is alts are already +1/10th of the market shares ... hubris look it up.

=====
here's thought food ... "Smartphone wallets are the future" ... yes indeed ... cheap under $50 mobiles can stake/create one hell of a cheaper more decentralized net ... and they will run android wallets.

And don't forget nearly every 'modern' human on the planet has and habitually carries a Smartphone ... think game app wallets ... PLAY ... yes indeed Wink
Activity: 456
Merit: 250
July 31, 2015, 05:23:35 PM
Smartphone wallets are the future.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2015, 11:49:55 AM

Bitcoin is a tech in its infancy. I'm sure there were many back in the 90's who thought AOL would always dominate.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 868
July 01, 2015, 07:13:32 AM
^ ability to send money in the instant messenger group chat is a cool add on, he mentioned that. people can tip a girl showing nude pics lol, i know such thing exists on webcam websites but i doesn't exist in an instant messenger app everyone uses nowadays.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
June 30, 2015, 02:39:14 PM
Gems getting alot o love.

It's the future of instant messaging, just like Bitcoin is the future of banking. It seems GetGems is successfully achieving the concept of binding simplicity, recognition and incentive with each other in an app and is awarded as the most visionary social media solution by Citi. Eventually the app will have its own ecosystem with the Gems used inside the app having a real world purpose and real value. It will be build around attention economy where users will be able to pay each other for their attention through various advertisement designs, get rewarded in different ways, spend it in different ways, make BTC/Gems transactions and communicate within the app. This all will be done as simple as possible for everyone to understand and one of the main reasons i follow the project. GetGems is sponsoring the 5th Tokyo Bitcoin startup pitch, Shimo Hiroshi (don't know him) will speak on behalf of GetGems Japan.

An interview from yesterday with Daniel Peled explaining GetGems.

legendary
June 30, 2015, 11:24:48 AM
Gems getting alot o love.
Activity: 728
June 29, 2015, 05:49:19 PM
Personally, it reminds me of those 'get paid for doing surveys!' apps...it's kind of cluttered.
What looks cluttered? Would like to hear your feedback.

When I say cluttered, I mean that there is a lot of real estate taken up by things that are intended to re-direct user attention and function.  Get a few gemz for spreading the word on social media and then redeem your gemz - it's kind of what many 'paid for survey apps' function as.  Which is fine, but if the intent is to work as a social media/chat client that enables tipping then being inundated with sponsored/sponseree content is, in my opinion, clutter.  

It might work as intended but it is something that I would liken more to bitcoin billionaire...and a fair point is that I am somewhat biased from the perspective of a 'centralized but decentralized' client...that and I see no point for stickers to exist...; )

I don't think you understand, its not just "get a few gemz for spreading the word". You see GG shares income with active users, usually the gatekeepers such as FB/ Google and others earn billions from their users, but users don't get nothing from the piece of the pie. Thats why apps like GG or Tsu believe the users should be in the centre, so in GG case there are different reward models not just one. This is a much more fair model because without its users apps like whatsapp would never make it. Besides who doesn't want free money, i can imagine teens, kids actually everyone will like this, once its complete.

Also to have a chance to compete you need to have an edge above other and offer something unique, the best one it using blockchain technology, the app as of now is already superior than any other messenger. No other messenger allows you to send money.

Fair enough...
Activity: 868
June 29, 2015, 05:36:44 PM
Personally, it reminds me of those 'get paid for doing surveys!' apps...it's kind of cluttered.

When I say cluttered, I mean that there is a lot of real estate taken up by things that are intended to re-direct user attention and function.  Get a few gemz for spreading the word on social media and then redeem your gemz - it's kind of what many 'paid for survey apps' function as.  Which is fine, but if the intent is to work as a social media/chat client that enables tipping then being inundated with sponsored/sponseree content is, in my opinion, clutter.  

It might work as intended but it is something that I would liken more to bitcoin billionaire...and a fair point is that I am somewhat biased from the perspective of a 'centralized but decentralized' client...that and I see no point for stickers to exist...; )

I don't think you understand, its not just "get a few gemz for spreading the word". You see GG shares income with active users, usually the gatekeepers such as FB/ Google and others earn billions from their users, but users don't get nothing from the piece of the pie. Thats why apps like GG or Tsu believe the users should be in the centre, so in GG case there are different reward models not just one. This is a much more fair model because without its users apps like whatsapp would never make it. Besides who doesn't want free money, i can imagine teens, kids actually everyone will like this, once its complete.

Also to have a chance to compete you need to have an edge above other and offer something unique, the best one it using blockchain technology, the app as of now is already superior than any other messenger. No other messenger allows you to send money.
Activity: 728
June 29, 2015, 05:23:03 PM

It might work as intended but a fair point for me to make is that I am somewhat biased from the perspective of a 'centralized but decentralized' client...that and I see no point for stickers to exist...; )

Edit - Intended Bitbillions rather than bitcoin billionaire and only aspects of that website.  Omitted the reference entirely.
legendary
Activity: 1036
/dev/null
June 29, 2015, 05:06:51 PM
after I observer really majority of them, getgems seems the best choice so far (and mycelium for pure bitcoin related stuff..)
Activity: 616
June 29, 2015, 05:03:51 PM
Best android wallet is without a doubt GetGems.

Pages:
Jump to: