Pages:
Author

Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum? - page 20. (Read 11171 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 506
November 17, 2018, 04:04:14 AM
Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

I don’t think that there is a need to discuss about the competitions of bitcoin as it is not worthy, though etherum is a very potentiating crypto currency but in comparison to bitcoin there is no worth of etherum and all the crypto currencies that are available in the market are the bitcoin competitors and according to my point of view etherum is the real potential of bitcoin and it is worth to invest in bitcoin and after bitcoin if one can think of investing into any other currency then obviously etherum is the best option.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
November 16, 2018, 11:57:22 AM
I think wave coin is a considerable competitor in the calculation, because the project and the existing feature in the coin wave is a feature improvement that is in ethereum
Coins like EOS address the issues with Ethereum better than other coins. I think EOS and Ripple can take over ETH given time.
legendary
Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000
ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM
November 15, 2018, 08:52:10 PM
as of now, I can see TRX, EOS and XLM are the best competitors of ETH. But, I dont think it will be that easy, since eth have some unique devs that will shock the crypto community sooner or later.
Merit: 2
November 15, 2018, 08:49:57 PM
I have my own choice. I think the actual competitors of Etherum are Ripple and Litecoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
November 15, 2018, 03:33:20 PM
I think the competition is coming from Stellar now. This year I have seen many projects that were rather Stellar for carrying out ICO. In my opinion, now he wins against Ethereum due to the lack of problems in the network and speed.
But you still have to take into account the fact that the team is working on updating Eth and increasing the scaling of the block chain in the near future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
November 15, 2018, 02:55:30 PM
I think the competition is coming from Stellar now. This year I have seen many projects that were rather Stellar for carrying out ICO. In my opinion, now he wins against Ethereum due to the lack of problems in the network and speed.
Activity: 238
http://www.securix.io/
November 15, 2018, 02:53:54 PM
ethereum and ripple, then there are Stellar Eos and others, it looks like this competition is very good to make them continue to innovate and improve shortcomings
it is a good idea to look fpr so?ethong that can be similar to some fampus coins but actually noone can beat ethereum
by the way ethereum is recovering slowly but steady do i think that soon we will be a very happy group of people
Activity: 238
http://www.securix.io/
November 15, 2018, 02:53:17 PM

ethereum is rraly good one of the best actualy bit it does jotmean taht no other coin can not beat it so keep on trying
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Good Morning
November 15, 2018, 02:51:12 PM
ethereum and ripple, then there are Stellar Eos and others, it looks like this competition is very good to make them continue to innovate and improve shortcomings
it is a good idea to look fpr so?ethong that can be similar to some fampus coins but actually noone can beat ethereum
Activity: 462
Good Morning
November 15, 2018, 02:50:15 PM

i think taht tjerre a re a lot of good competitors in the nimber of new coins as well not only old ones so we shall look for thsm
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
November 15, 2018, 02:49:23 PM
Activity: 658
November 15, 2018, 02:48:21 PM
i think the only coins that can compete with ethereum are the ones with embedded governance such eos and tezos as you see the governance issue is too big especially in bitcoin cash
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 15, 2018, 02:45:30 PM
EOS has at least some chances to compete for Ethereum. At least from a technical point of view, they are similar and can compete for market share.

Agree. EOS has many similarities to Ethereum in the way it is designed. With its DPoS consensus algorithm, EOS can scale to thousands of TPS, compared to Ethereum's 25 TPS. The best advantage EOS has over Ethereum is its TPS and zero fees. This could attract developers into bringing dApps for the mainstream world, at absolutely no cost at all (when executing them). However, EOS has a certain level of centralization in contrast to Ethereum.

With only 21 block producers in EOS, it's subject to greater centralization than Ethereum in many ways. We've seen how arbitrators had frozen several EOS accounts since EOS' inception. It's one of the downsides EOS has, but it could improve over time if there's enough interest from developers and the community to help advance the smart contract platform for the better. It would need more time (since it's only been months after being launched), to establish a presence within the mainstream world.

Other competitors are tough with greater scalability than Ethereum. Just like EOS, they implement zero fees for their transactions and are blazing fast. Tron is very similar to EOS in terms of the DPoS consensus algorithm, and it's highly compatible with the EVM. On the other hand, Cardano (ADA) will adopt PoS as a consensus algorithm, giving it greater scalability than the pioneer smart contract platform (ETH). NEO is another competitor which makes use of dBFT for high TPS and low costs.

Therefore, the competition is becoming fierce every day. However, Ethereum has managed to stay on top, despite the advantages its rivals bring within the mainstream world. This shows that many people widely support Ethereum more than any other smart contract platform on the market. If ICOs continue to launch tokens on the ETH blockchain, then Ethereum will remain as the leader of smart contracts for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin
copper member
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
November 14, 2018, 02:59:43 PM
We have many solid competitors to Ethereum with solutions that are more flexible and better than Ethereum platform. NEO IOTA, ADA, GOCHAIN, ICON and many others. These platforms just need time to grow.
Activity: 504
November 14, 2018, 02:47:06 PM

Difficult to say. I think the next best altcoin to Ethereum is EOS, quite a strong coin with huge potential, and Ripple. Although I agree that Cardano and IOTA can make it too.
Activity: 672
November 14, 2018, 02:31:34 AM
EOS has at least some chances to compete for Ethereum. At least from a technical point of view, they are similar and can compete for market share.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
November 13, 2018, 10:48:58 PM
Actually, there are more than hundreds competitors to ETH, but asking this question is similar to asking "Best competitors to Apple?". There're plenty, but Apple is sitting on the very top by continuously innovate/research/create new way to bound people into their cult. In a way ETH is like that. There's not a cult like project that is stronger than ETH atm. Any tought?
True, there's always be the number 1 and that does not mean that ETH will continue to be the number 1, if there are other projects who
are getting the support of the investors and the people, of course they can easily replace ETH.
The thing is, we are in the big market, even if we are not in the number 1 but as long as it's profitable, that is already fulfilling, and we like
a tougher competition as it will help the entire ecosystem to grow.
November 13, 2018, 09:27:56 PM
EOS is a single competition that I see against ethereum. If EOS can pull off the idea in it's whitepaper, Ethereum may be history. But I doubt EOS will do this in record time. Ethereum will keep developing and EOS may not able to catch up!
Activity: 588
November 13, 2018, 09:11:32 PM
It is very difficult to compare all of them because the top 10 coinmarketcap is very competent.
There is nothing strong to defeat Ethereum besides top 10, for now and maybe someday the world will spin.
maybe some accour coins that able to defeat ethereum and bitcoin.but we dont know when it happen.etherum would not be king of ico platform foreover.when new platform accour and has big advantages it will defeat eth and other platform.
It's the same thing with Ripple, which now keeps rising up to rank 2, but unfortunately it's only 1 day ranked number 2.
Maybe because Ethereum has a lot of interest, that's what makes the reason stronger for Ethereum.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Pawsome
November 13, 2018, 08:57:03 PM
The unique thing that ethereum has is that it can be used to make tokens, and now many coins can be used to make tokens such as EOS, NEO, Waves and so on.
Pages:
Jump to: