Pages:
Author

Topic: Best exchange or site to cash out coins to Usd? - page 2. (Read 415 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
It seems that a lot of people will never understand that the fees are going to be very expensive if there are a lot of unconfirmed transactions on the mempool.

Actually, $17 for a transaction is nothing, because we have more than 140k of unconfirmed tx's.

There are lots of unconfirmed transactions in mempool so fee for transaction is quite high.

The normal fees for this kind of congestion should be more than $30, but just imagine that scenario, everybody would be complaining about it if we had to pay more than thirty dollars for sending a few bucks.
It will get back to normality again, but it is just matter of time until the pool gets cleared again.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I'm fairly new to crypto trading. Having no problem with Coinbase, but too expensive. Still waiting to get live with Kraken which seems to have reasonable fees to get in/out of USD. In the meantime I found Bitcoin Investment Trust (GBTC). I'm up about 20% here already. Good way to get into a fund through your regular stock account that tracks bitcoin. Temporary solution until I can get up with an real exchange.
Activity: 29
Thanks for the info.

I do have a Bittrex account and have use their exchange.
I didn't know about usdt, that's helpful.

Does Bittrex allow to transfer from bank account to usdt?

I guess I have not found a "one stop shop" to get Usd onto an exchange.  Maybe Gemini you can do that but they want your SSN.
I like using credit card but it seems Coinbase, Bitstamp and Coinmama may be the only main ones that allow this, correct?

Thanks
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
Coinbase is holding about $5K in coins of mine hostage. Won't answer support tickets. Phone support is non-existent. I fled them months ago but still fighting to get my money.

I purchase BTC and/or ETH on Gemini and transfer to other exchanges to purchase and trade other coins.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
There are lots of unconfirmed transactions in mempool so fee for transaction is quite high.

Yes coinbase have lots of issues and you have done good job by transferring bitcoin you have bought in coinbase out of it.

Poloniex, bittrex, hitbtc and many other have bitcoin to usdt (tether) pair which is similar to USD and holds 1:1 price so you can trade your bitcoin for tether and exchange back when you want to buy bitcoin, It is so much easier than USD.

Also you can trade bitcoin for Euro in bitpanda and keep those euro in their inbuilt wallet and buy some coins back in future. 
Activity: 29
I've used Coinbase in the past to purchase coin but have heard some issues recently with them.

Can you share what other sites that are reputable have the options to exchange coins for Usd?

I've also transferred coin from Coinbase to my Trezor.  It seems expensive to do that with BTC. 
Is that the norm on all sites for transferring BTC?

Thanks for the help.
Pages:
Jump to: