Pages:
Author

Topic: Best exchange to invest for the long terms, - page 3. (Read 507 times)

Activity: 236
Merit: 10
Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks
Hi guys, please share your opinion on best exchange,which can I use for long-term investment. Recently, Coinsecure,a INDIAN exchange has been hacked.So I am very much afraid about my investment.I am using right now BINANCE exchange.Is it safe for keeping my investment for 1 year.

Which one do you suggest?

No way that was very risky to keep you investments in any trading platform it may lose all your investments and you wont take it anymore. The best way to keep your investments is to buy and hold it in your own wallet that you are the one who also handling the private keys and keep it safe.
Activity: 686
Merit: 257
It is not a good idea to keep your coins in exchanges. For long term hold, it is better to use a wallet that belong to you. That is a wallet which you control the private keys.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
Why would you do that if you keep it for a year?

Worse decision ever. Does your token dont have their own wallet website or something like a program?
If it is under Ethereum then you could just use Myetherwallet or metamask.
There is no need to keep it in a trading site if you are not trading as well.
Activity: 504
Merit: 102
Hi guys, please share your opinion on best exchange,which can I use for long-term investment. Recently, Coinsecure,a INDIAN exchange has been hacked.So I am very much afraid about my investment.I am using right now BINANCE exchange.Is it safe for keeping my investment for 1 year.

No one is safe on any of the exchanges. You just have to take risk and try to trust those exchanges. But for the record, I am currently using 5 exchanges for my tradings.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632

No exchange into this current market would really be considered as safe.As you can see about hacked exchanges each one do exist do really have the tendency to hit up such similar situation too.They arent safe or guaranteed to be immune on such hack thats why its been suggested and been advised for countless times that dont ever store up amounts on exchangers that you cant afford to lose.If you do active trade then better just store up not on bulks.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

Are you nuts? Do you even know the risks involved on the things you're planning to do? Isn't that recent incident already enough to be an indicator that you shouldn't INVEST in exchanges? *ahem* Let me quote:

The obscure Italian coin exchange BitGrail  looks to be the latest cryptocurrency cautionary tale. On Friday, the site posted a notice to users informing them that hackers had made off with 17 million units of Nano (XRB), the coin formerly known as RaiBlocks.

While Nano was worth as little as 20 cents in late November, prices hovered around $10 late last week, putting the BitGrail losses at $170 million. Nano currently boasts a market capitalization of $1,287,013,24, the 24th largest of any cryptocurrency according to Coinmarketcap.

This is not yet a widely known crypto exchange and it is now experiencing an attack to a variation of attackers.  You haven't mentioned what coin are you specifically investing at, but like this coin that is still growing got stolen in million units by hackers. What's more worse is the devs didn't really guarantee to give you back your coin. As quoted in here:

Quote from: @bomberfrancy
NANO on BitGrail have been stolen.

Unfortunately there is no way to give it back to you at 100% (we only got 4 MLN XRN right now).

The devs, as you have guessed, dont want to collaborate

Imagine how screwed you are in that kind of situation. Investing in such potentially growing coin through exchanges could put you in a yellow to red situation because you never know what's next to really happen as hackers will continue to make attempts on breaching these securities or even taking advantages of the site's bug and I doubt you could even see that as your precautionary measure.
Now you're planning to invest in a Binance which is a really large trading site, are you double nuts? Think again, if you're really planning to invest or to trade.
If that didn't change your mind to not invest in exchanges then search up the previous CoinDesk hack in Japan.
If you aren't really going for trading then never put up too much coins and not even a half of your coins in exchanges.
Never use a wallet that doesn't let you handle the private keys or should I say the online wallets, because due to the user's traffic in using these kinds of services it becomes really vulnerable to hacks that gets their eye into breaking or breaching these sites.

References: Bitgrail Hack
Bomber Francy's Twitter Post
Activity: 1092
Merit: 257
LuckyB.it is Back!

If you want to best exchange it depends on your coin. So you must buy you convince exchanges then store your wallet. Because exchanging site is not safe in long term investment if you are beginner in trading platform you must gain some knowledge in block chain and Crypto platform then only you will understand the right way.
Activity: 376
Merit: 103
But how are you willing to invest in an exchange?
Best exchange to invest for the long terms,

1- If you mean investing in a crypto made an exchange then there is no best than binance which has a good rate as an exchange and a valorised coin used for interacting with the platform in low cost. (bnb)
2- If you mean looking for the best exchange to make trades or to purchase any tradebale token then it's better to use decentralized exchanges like etherdelta or waves platform where there is no need to do KYC verification and no orders limits.
Activity: 626
Merit: 10

Don't put your token in exchange or exchange as your wallet because theres possible that your funds will disappear. All of exchanger is best it depends to the token that you want to invest to long term.
Activity: 910
Merit: 351
Regardless how trustable and experienced exchanges out there (Kucoin, Binance and etc), you should use an exchange for its main purpose, which is trading. If you want to keep/store your money/coin/token for an investment, a hardware wallet or paper wallet is the one you should chooose. By this decision, you will erase the risk of hacked wallet, problem with exchange and so on.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 254
I think we will all  agree on Binance and Bittrex . There is more trusted exchanges out there 2 but I think those come on top . You have Kucoin really good one too , But all the fun lately is located at Binance and Bittrex with Binance at top with decent gape from Bittrex .

Bittrex and Binance are indeed trusted exchanges, but I would also add coinbase and kraken. Both are online since a long time and can be trusted. Till date I have had no real problems with either coinbase or kraken.
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
I think we will all  agree on Binance and Bittrex . There is more trusted exchanges out there 2 but I think those come on top . You have Kucoin really good one too , But all the fun lately is located at Binance and Bittrex with Binance at top with decent gape from Bittrex .
Activity: 462
Merit: 12
I've seen many people keep their investment in known exchanges like Binance or KuCoin, etc. However, it is not recommended at all and won't recommend that, with few steps you can have your own wallet like (Myetherwallet) and if you're not sure how, I'd recommend watching this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSmAQvnEyq4
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Keepin your coin on the exchanges is a really bad behavior, it is not recommended. You should put your coin in your own wallet, instead of keeping it on the exchanges. The problem of storing coins on exchanges is we don't own the private keys of the coins, because of that we can safely say we don't really own the coin.

totally agree with you especially since there have been a lot of incidents involving exchanges. What's worse is that you aren't insured at all.. So, better to keep your holdings in your wallet instead.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
if you plan to keep your coins or investment funds in the long term you should not keep them in exchange and better keep them in your personal wallet, and it would be great if you use an offline wallet.
Activity: 476
Merit: 107

You are better of buying a ledger nano S if you are holding a lot of altcoins(worth 1000$ above). If not, I recommend you scatter your coins into well known exchanges today if you really want to hold your coins in an exchange(and if you hold many varieties of altcoins atm). If you are holding only a few altcoins, I recommend you follow vv181's suggestion.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273
Keepin your coin on the exchanges is a really bad behavior, it is not recommended. You should put your coin in your own wallet, instead of keeping it on the exchanges. The problem of storing coins on exchanges is we don't own the private keys of the coins, because of that we can safely say we don't really own the coin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Pages:
Jump to: