Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Hardware Wallet - page 2. (Read 8784 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
February 11, 2017, 06:42:47 AM
And what about the ledger blue?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
February 11, 2017, 02:01:15 AM
what's your opinion on ledger blue?
Its a littttttttttllllleeee expensive when comparing with nano S and trezor...

I'm willing to buy a hardware wallet too but don't know what to do... trezor 2 will be available when? is it worth buying trezor 1?

They are shooting for Q2/2017 as far as I know for the Trezor 2. I guess it depends on how soon you want the Trezor on whether its worth it to wait for the Trezor 2. I'd personally probably wait for the release of Trezor 2.

Yes, just wait for the Trezor 2 release than buying Trezor 1.
It will be worth the wait as other features are being introduced
like faster processor, a micro-SD card and a feature they
called Trezor Core.

February 10, 2017, 02:37:07 PM

I'm willing to buy a hardware wallet too but don't know what to do... trezor 2 will be available when? is it worth buying trezor 1?

They are shooting for Q2/2017 as far as I know for the Trezor 2. I guess it depends on how soon you want the Trezor on whether its worth it to wait for the Trezor 2. I'd personally probably wait for the release of Trezor 2.
i can wait... and q2 is just right on the corner....
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023
February 10, 2017, 12:57:47 PM

February 10, 2017, 11:52:26 AM

Activity: 287
Merit: 101
February 03, 2017, 12:56:26 AM
I think the Nano S has the edge now - love the design! Seamless all around...
Activity: 1330
Merit: 307
February 01, 2017, 11:02:48 PM
I did go on and purchased a keepkey due to trezor pushing back the backorders til sometime in March. I may buy a trezor as well and use both but I will see when the time comes. I might hold off for their new device they talked about thats a PoC.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
January 27, 2017, 09:26:01 PM
Bro i just used the trezor wallet & it works really great!!! that one is better from other two from my side😊

At the moment there is just 1 find trustworthy And yes it's the trezor.
Having played with cold storage myself having some luxery of software built in the trezor is very convenient.

But if you have not funds, ALWAYS store your bitcoins in cold storage.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
January 07, 2017, 06:24:33 PM
Bro i just used the trezor wallet & it works really great!!! that one is better from other two from my side😊

Have you used KeepKey or the Nano S?
Activity: 18
January 07, 2017, 05:24:46 PM
January 07, 2017, 03:31:26 PM
I've been debating between Tezor and Keepkey. The recent "breach" doesnt impact the devices so im not concern about keepkey if I did decide to go with them. I been doing research on both. I do not have plans on using Ledger, though it looks very reasonable for the nano s but its still debatable.

Any reason why you're not going with the Ledger?  KeepKeys are backordered BTW.

I havent used one personally but before the nano s the other devices never looked very favorable to me, and never seem like it was secured. 

Yeah, I can understand that.  I had the same apprehension with Ledger prior to the Nano S.  But everything I have read about the Nano S have been favorable...
January 07, 2017, 02:26:43 PM
I've been debating between Tezor and Keepkey. The recent "breach" doesnt impact the devices so im not concern about keepkey if I did decide to go with them. I been doing research on both. I do not have plans on using Ledger, though it looks very reasonable for the nano s but its still debatable.

I havent used one personally but before the nano s the other devices never looked very favorable to me, and never seem like it was secured. 
January 07, 2017, 02:22:38 PM

January 07, 2017, 10:12:16 AM
January 06, 2017, 11:10:54 PM
Thanks for all the insight - very helpful!!

Trezor is probably the best option. Keepkey has maybe nicer design but Trezor has wider wallet and service support - http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-apps/index.html#recovering-funds-without-trezor-device

Also you can use Trezor with Satoshilabs Password Manager - https://passwords.mytrezor.com/
Recently they added FIDO/UTF support so you can use Trezor as a secure hardware login token into various services - gmail, dropbox, github and so on.

They also cooperate with Cryptosteel www.cryptosteel.com - which enables to store your recovery seed and private keys on indestructible open hardware backup tool.

Yeah, Trezor's look fantastic.  I've opted with a Ledger Nano S, as it also has Fido.  I'm not sure if it has a password manager though... anyone know?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
January 04, 2017, 10:51:28 PM

Trezor is probably the best option. Keepkey has maybe nicer design but Trezor has wider wallet and service support - http://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-apps/index.html#recovering-funds-without-trezor-device

Also you can use Trezor with Satoshilabs Password Manager - https://passwords.mytrezor.com/
Recently they added FIDO/UTF support so you can use Trezor as a secure hardware login token into various services - gmail, dropbox, github and so on.

They also cooperate with Cryptosteel www.cryptosteel.com - which enables to store your recovery seed and private keys on indestructible open hardware backup tool.
Activity: 434
Merit: 253
January 04, 2017, 08:49:18 PM
Is keepkey really a reliable wallet? I saw this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/keepkey-30-btc-reward-for-capturing-the-hacker-1737321
They are giving bounty for those who want to trace the hacker(s). Which means theres a hole in this cold storage that can be penetrated.
I have not use any cold storage but i would like to get one. Which one is the best? Trezor or Keepkey?

That hack has nothing to do with the hardware itself.

Many car manufacturer and governmental agencies got their website hacked, that does not reflect the quality of the product or the agency.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
January 04, 2017, 08:39:04 PM
Is keepkey really a reliable wallet? I saw this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/keepkey-30-btc-reward-for-capturing-the-hacker-1737321
They are giving bounty for those who want to trace the hacker(s). Which means theres a hole in this cold storage that can be penetrated.
I have not use any cold storage but i would like to get one. Which one is the best? Trezor or Keepkey?
January 02, 2017, 03:58:54 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 253
December 27, 2016, 01:57:23 AM
I manage a high amount of Bitcoin, and I am extremely paranoid about the security of the coins.

I use a Linux based PC (I never used Windows or Mac and will never try them), a pure distribution with the packages I use / need, with Electrum wallet linked to KeepKey.

KeepKey is an excellent hardware wallet you should consider.

have you tried other hardware wallets?

I did not, I'd rather spend more on a robust device than a weak one.

I got keepkey because : it have the minimal features you need, I can take it and travel with it anywhere (hard to break), discrete and hard to break its buttons.

How long have you owned it?  I'm deliiberating between Keepkey / Nano S / Trezor.

Are you required to use Chrome with Keepkey?  I only use Firefox and Electrum... will this be an issue?

KeepKey work by default with a Chrome extension, but you can easily integrate it with your Electrum wallet and no need to use the browser again.

Electrum is available on all platforms, this is one of the reasons I love it.

The configuration I have allow me to spend BTC from any of my devices, the software is electrum, the wallet is hosted on keepkey.

Pages:
Jump to: