Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Laptop for crypto? - page 3. (Read 17128 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 1
February 10, 2020, 05:58:43 PM
The question should have been: "Best Laptop for Linux?". You are not going to ever do anything serious (or safe) using windows or osx.

It will also trigger many excellent answers if you search exactly that, some even sell those pre-installed, but you can always install your own distro, such as Tails.
By the way, I've seen step-by-step instructions on how to install Tails in this forum.
Tails is really very cool but for VERY advanced users
Activity: 5
Merit: 17
February 10, 2020, 05:44:45 PM
That's a strange question..I use MacOS by the way. But I think the services work identically on every laptop. 

Agreed, I think every laptop will work here. Just use the OS you're familiar with.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
February 10, 2020, 05:33:07 PM
At this point i would recommend something like the Pinebook Pro. This is an ARM laptop meant to run Linux or *BSD.

Normally the weirder the architecture is, the chances of being good increase, they tend to have hardware that works with Free and Open Source software. Since there is no windows for it, kind of forces the company selling it to cherry pick decent components.

It also takes deters temptation to pollute it with unsafe operating systems.
Activity: 29
February 10, 2020, 05:11:39 PM
That's a strange question..I use MacOS by the way. But I think the services work identically on every laptop. 
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
November 03, 2019, 05:03:44 AM
Can anyone recommend a  good laptop for crypto? In general i want to use it for: using exchanges, holding crypto (wallets), and running masternodes. I thinking of buying XPS 13 9360.

Please help, i need a dedicated laptop.

If you want a PC dedicated to cryptocurrencies you should think of buying a desktop instead of a laptop.
You will need strong GPU and CPU power and you can find it with desktops in cheaper prices than laptops.
I think it’s beter to ask him first on what’s the main purpose of wanting a laptop just only for crypto,but since it was mentioned above?I am sure he doesn’t need higher GPU because the unit will only use for trading and a lower brand is enough to keep him active,but that’s better to use Personal Computer than Lappy because of higher capacity and longer life compared to laptop that mostly has a battery problems
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
November 01, 2019, 01:14:02 PM
The question should have been: "Best Laptop for Linux?". You are not going to ever do anything serious (or safe) using windows or osx.

It will also trigger many excellent answers if you search exactly that, some even sell those pre-installed, but you can always install your own distro, such as Tails.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
November 01, 2019, 12:09:04 PM
I think apple laptop is a best laptop for crypto.
crypto use best configer laptop.
Activity: 2940
Merit: 657
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 01, 2019, 04:46:34 AM
Hmmm, hard question. I think a gaming notebook would be good for crypo if you are going to mine. But mining is not a good way to earn money nowadays.
Actually mining will lessen the life span of your laptop whether you'll mine through CPU or GPU. It's not just for mining so it's not a good choice if your plan is to mine.

Making wallets with the latest specs would definitely be enough like 9th gen for Intel and the latest for AMD. But I'll be picky with the brand if the purpose would be just for crypto wallets, 1TB of HDD would be enough but if I have other things to do like gaming or rendering, higher specs for RAM and GPU is a must.
Activity: 980
Merit: 62
October 31, 2019, 01:30:55 PM
Can anyone recommend a  good laptop for crypto? In general i want to use it for: using exchanges, holding crypto (wallets), and running masternodes. I thinking of buying XPS 13 9360.

Please help, i need a dedicated laptop.

If you want a PC dedicated to cryptocurrencies you should think of buying a desktop instead of a laptop.
You will need strong GPU and CPU power and you can find it with desktops in cheaper prices than laptops.
Activity: 273
Merit: 14
October 31, 2019, 12:58:26 PM
I understand that you want to buy a laptop, not a full-fledged PC. But I strongly recommend to use a PC, because this way you save a lot of money when you buy it. In addition, the PC is easier to repair or upgrade. But if you still want a laptop (for business trips or whatever, to always have a laptop with you), then I advise you to take not the cheapest, but not the most expensive. Your option is the middle segment. A laptop with average characteristics is quite enough for all tasks related to crypto. I use a rather average old laptop and I've never had any problems with this. And yet, there is no difference which model or company of the laptop you buy, they are all about the same. I hope it helps you to choose the best optin for you!
Activity: 31
February 19, 2019, 10:47:50 AM
If you talking about mining, i wouldn't recommend you going for laptop. It's good for managing your crypto assets in any place with internet connection, but not for mining. Even if it's top gaming setup, almost all laptops has heat issues and it's gonna break your laptop eventually. And for trading and stuff you might check for thelaptopguru and get yourself a lap top. I've got an Asus and it works just fine with all wallets apps.
Activity: 196
November 06, 2018, 03:29:37 PM
Best xiaomi gaming Laptop gaming laptop
Activity: 24
October 06, 2018, 12:47:03 AM
You can look at the Dell Inspiron 5567. The Dell Inspiron 5567 is topped by the Inspiron 15 series notebooks, with outstanding performance, this laptop is lightweight and can be carried in the pocket easily.
Activity: 80
October 05, 2018, 10:28:23 PM
any durable laptop with 4gb ram 500 HDD and good microprocessor will be fine for your need
if you want advance system you can go for a gaming laptop like Allien ware
Activity: 14
October 05, 2018, 08:30:39 PM
Laptops are not efficient for mining, you can build a PC with a Nvidia gtx1080 or 1080ti which will do the work fine.
Activity: 28
September 16, 2018, 11:56:48 AM
Search a laptop with big GPU maybe
Activity: 10
September 16, 2018, 10:16:07 AM
I prefer to buy a thin laptop, like LG Gram  Grin Grin
Activity: 70
September 16, 2018, 09:59:20 AM
I use a core i5 this's very good
Activity: 98
September 11, 2018, 12:21:32 PM
You can always use any brand of laptop so far as the the specifications are really cool. You can use laptops above core i3 which is pretty reliable to perfrom my functions.
Activity: 45
September 11, 2018, 11:46:18 AM
There is a Acer 15 inch flagship laptop seems like great
Pages:
Jump to: