Pages:
Author

Topic: Best laptops for crypto - page 2. (Read 231 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
April 28, 2023, 02:14:36 PM
Please recommend a good laptop for crypto..
I want to use it for exchanges and holding crypto (wallets)..
You don't necessarily need to buy an expensive laptop for crypto stuffs purposes. A mid-range or normal laptop would suffice for trading or other activities. However, I would advise against storing private data such as seed phrases, private keys, and personal documents on it, as it could be susceptible to hacking once connected to the internet.

The best approach would be to purchase a new, inexpensive laptop and keep it air-gapped, meaning it is never connected to any network. Alternatively, you could repurpose an old android phone as an air-gapped device, but it should be thoroughly cleaned (formatted and free of viruses and malware) before using it to store your wallet and sign transactions.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 167
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
April 28, 2023, 02:06:19 PM
there is no standard laptop for crypto transactions, but a laptop with an Intel 13th generation processor, in my opinion, is good for that. especially if it has high ram specs like 16gb, that would be even better. For the graphics card it doesn't really matter, because your goal is only to exchange and hold tokens in the wallet you don't need a high-end graphics card for that.
Activity: 812
Merit: 315
April 28, 2023, 02:00:20 PM
@Nwada001 there is a new crypto hijacking malware affecting Mac OS right now and it's getting out of hands. I won't advice anyone most especially the newbies to use crypto wallet on a PC, they can make all the mistakes in the book.

OP try buying a hardware wallet or just use your mobile phone, get Electrum on the phone and recovery seed somewhere safe, you can carve the words on a stainless steel and keep the steel in your locker or somewhere no one can get to, running crypto wallet on PC as a newbie is not safe at all, if you are already good with PC you won't be asking this question.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 555
dont be greedy
April 28, 2023, 02:00:14 PM
There are no specific laptop specifications required for crypto needs. However, for those who enjoy trading, investing, or simply monitoring the market, there are some laptop recommendations based on features that I would suggest.

First, look for a laptop with long battery life, at least 8 hours of usage. This is especially useful when you want to monitor the market while on the go, such as when traveling or at a cafe.

Second, make sure the specifications are sufficient to open the latest UI graphics. When using a laptop for trading, for user convenience, ensure that hardware such as RAM, Processor, CPU, and graphics card uses the latest model. Besides minimizing issues, the performance of the latest hardware models is also more effective.

Lastly, look for a laptop from a reputable brand. This is for the benefit of user experience quality and warranty period. Asus, Apple, and Toshiba may be my recommendations.
Activity: 700
Merit: 673
April 28, 2023, 01:42:44 PM

Any brand new, clean PC is pretty cool with me. You just need a clean PC with any product and OS. We all have our preferred choices, and the kind of specification you need to see in your design system.

For me, I will recommend MAC laptops. It seems more secure to me than Windows. But when installing an OS, you should make sure you get it from a licensed and direct store in order not to get your PC infected even before you start using it. Most strong system viruses, like clipboard viruses and others that target crypto-related applications and extensions, have always been confirmed to be from infected OS.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
April 28, 2023, 01:10:15 PM

Pretty much any laptop? Acer, Dell, Asus, Lenovo, MSI... These are all well known brands. I used HP too but somehow I don't like them. Mine was getting too hot. I used Acer, Asus and Dell before and never had any problems with them. Asus and Acer were great. Some of my friends say Lenovo is making great products too but I never tried them.

The thing is, any of these good brands are making good laptops. You just need to use the right operating system on them. So, whatever you get, don't get a Windows machine. Get something freedos and install a linux distribution. It will be the best thing you will do to yourself.

Also don't get a bulky laptop. Get a slim one with a very good battery life and a good CPU. Everything else is noise. Never ever think about playing games on your laptop. You will fry it.
Activity: 86
Merit: 2
April 28, 2023, 01:04:00 PM

Pages:
Jump to: