Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Linux distro for trading? - page 2. (Read 2373 times)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0
October 08, 2014, 07:30:42 PM
I'm currently trading through windows, but I suspect that one of my computers has been infected with a keylogger, virus, or something to that effect.  I have a laptop that I've been using in place of the computer that might be compromised, but I've used a flash drive between the "compromised" computer and this laptop, so it's possible that this laptop is infected too.

That said, I'm looking to create a LiveCD for linux (using a DVD+RW) that can be used *solely* for trading and nothing else.
However, I'm having an issue finding a distro that meets the following criteria:

1. Is trustworthy
2. Is secure (doesn't have security holes like java, flash, etc. installed from day one)
3. Does NOT use TOR (to guard against an end node operator or middleman obtaining my passwords)
4. Does NOT store data to anything but RAM (which is temporary)
5. Is not capable of being infected by the "compromised" computers over my wireless network or via the "compromised" hard drive in the laptop I'll be using the LiveCD on (so long as I don't go digging around the HD while I'm in linux)
6. Creates a fresh OS "install" every time the DVD is booted, and then nukes it when I turn off the computer.  

I don't plan on using the Linux distro for *anything* but btc-e, cryptsy, bitfinex, and gmail.

Thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: