Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Long Term Alt Coins - page 2. (Read 2147 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 101
February 02, 2014, 10:42:58 AM
Cheers all. Was dreading researching every coin (there are too many coins for a novice like me to get my head around).
legendary
Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005
February 02, 2014, 10:35:14 AM
Feathercoin definitely!

www.feathercoin.com
market.feathercoin.com

Join the Community! Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
February 02, 2014, 10:22:35 AM
OSC. it will produce just under 20 million coins in 7 years. it currenlty has a little less than  3 million after 6 months. it halves a bit more rapidly, but the stake period is 1 year, while still maintaining the 51% resistance due to the checkpointing. Its decent. probably will never be super popular. I may be the only one who buys it lol.

the block subsidy halves every 400,000 blocks so thats about 278 days roughly. it also has some peculiar rewards, periods where the  rewards are really low and periods where the reward is higher. It was kind of an experiment. I wanted to see if i could make a coin that i could predict the price swings on reliably.

right now the reward is on the highside @ 20 coins/block. i think the next step is 12.5 coins a block. so if you invest in this coin, now would be the time. probably better to buy at coinex as the miners there will sell it much cheaper than people will at cryptsy. this also makes for good arbitrage action if you are in to instant tradings.

having moved closed to 500k OSC, i can say the long term hold value is nice. it value fluctuates enough that you can make profit simply by being patient.

to see the network stats you can visit

http://coinbit.pw

or for a general directory with charts and links to all things OSC.

http://oscoin.org

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
February 02, 2014, 10:19:18 AM
NXT can be a next big thing because its different from Bitcoin and not a clone.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
February 02, 2014, 10:10:22 AM
Hello,

DigitalCoin and SecureCoin are two currencies based exactly on that principle.

DGC halves every 3 years.

SRC has identical halving to BTC.
Activity: 212
Merit: 101
February 02, 2014, 10:05:15 AM
Has anybody created a list that shows the blockchain halving times for alt coins? Ideally I want to invest in coins were the blockchain halving times exceed 1 year (reduced chance of 51% attack, i.e. QuarkCoin future worries) and the percentage yearly maintenance is below 100%. MegaCoin appears to meet that criteria (26% annual maintenance and blockchain halves every 2 years), however I want to invest in 3/4 coins. Relatively new to cryptocoins therefore I apologise if this is a naive question. Any recommendations would be much appreciated (explaining why it has a future)? Cheers.
Pages:
Jump to: