Pages:
Author

Topic: BEST MINING GRAPHIC CARD AT A CURRENT TIME!!!!??? - page 2. (Read 4573 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
The real question is when do the graphics cards for mining look attractive again.  If BTC still proceeds to increase substantially then the cost of the mining rigs become worth it again.  After all the asics have yet to be delivered
Activity: 58
None Smiley

Honestly this.

If you are a hardcore gamer then buy the best AMD GPU for gaming and consider anything you get from mining as a gift.   Buying GPU for mining today is a good way to take a pile of cash and light it on fire.  You have absolutely no hope of breaking even much less showing a profit.

Yeah, to give you an idea, I mined .061 BTC in 3 days with 2 computers LOL. It was just for fun, and it WAS FUN, but I'm not planning on mining any more without ASIC or at least some extremely cheap FPGA's.
I don't pay for electricity at my office so I'm not really losing anything, but I don't like burning out my GPU's for no reason.

Probably just sell stuff for BTC for awhile.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
I'm glad there are other people saying this now, don't mine for profit you'll just lose money, Bitcoin and mining should be seen as a new currency and as a way of transferring your wealth from paper money.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
You want to become rich with mining? Better inform yourself, you don't just mine with your computer and become rich lol
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Your *what* is itchy?
Go back and read the replies to your question again. Buy the card you want for gaming. The few bitcents a day you get from mining with it are bonus. Do not buy a card specifically for mining.

As for "I have never heard of ASIC....how does that work??"...have you been living under a rock, in a cave, on Mars for the last year? Google is your friend. There is a metric shit-ton of information on bitcoin ASIC miners that are in development. Several vendors claim to have units on the cusp of being shipped.  Butterfly Labs, bASIC, Avalon... This is the Information Age, and rewards come to those who go out and seek knowledge, rather than asking for it to be handed to them.

Go forth, and bitcoinify.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I can highly recommend a 7970 for gaming and it can crank out over 600MH/s when you are not playing games.
But like the last person said, buy it because it's a good gaming card, not because it can mine bitcoins.
Because in a few months when the ASIC rigs start mining the difficulty will raise so high it won't be worth mining with GPUs anymore.
However, afterwards, Folding@Home, BOINC and several other distributed computing challenges will welcome your GPU with open arms.  Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
None Smiley

Honestly this.

If you are a hardcore gamer then buy the best AMD GPU for gaming and consider anything you get from mining as a gift.   Buying GPU for mining today is a good way to take a pile of cash and light it on fire.  You have absolutely no hope of breaking even much less showing a profit.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
None Smiley
Activity: 11
Whats the best mining graphic card at a current time?
Im planning on adding a graphic card to my pc and start mining again...
I cant decide which card to choose...from my research I have done here are the ones I consider choosing from:
5850, 5870, 5770, 5830, 5970, 7970, 6770..and I have found only 6770, 7970 online that are in stock still... Sad
Please help me choose!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Huh Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: