Pages:
Author

Topic: Best mining hardware? - page 3. (Read 2070 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 03, 2015, 08:54:26 AM
Hello,

I may want to start a little project to make little bitcoin farm, which is hopefully profitable. I want to use usb miners. And what else do I need? Rasperry pi? And how much miners i can use for each raspberry pi?

You need to do some reading.  Most mining is done by Asics, which most come with a controller so you plug it in and set it up, and leave it alone.

Raspberry PI is a good controller for Avalon 4.1, compacs, lots of usb miners, etc.  But you have some research to do as it's a huge range of the different kinds of miners.

Just basic check what is your electricity price?  And do you have vat/import tax?
I am thinking of doing a project with college and they run the miners there 24/7. I read that the prices of electricity in the netherlands is 0.22€ per kWh.

Is that cheap or expensive?

That would be very expensive on electricity.  You don't stand a chance with any miner of ROI there.  You could get a usb one for fun.

But buying a big miner and counting on making money there will not happen.  You would need to look into hosting elsewhere/cloud
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
November 03, 2015, 08:49:35 AM
Hello,

I may want to start a little project to make little bitcoin farm, which is hopefully profitable. I want to use usb miners. And what else do I need? Rasperry pi? And how much miners i can use for each raspberry pi?

You need to do some reading.  Most mining is done by Asics, which most come with a controller so you plug it in and set it up, and leave it alone.

Raspberry PI is a good controller for Avalon 4.1, compacs, lots of usb miners, etc.  But you have some research to do as it's a huge range of the different kinds of miners.

Just basic check what is your electricity price?  And do you have vat/import tax?
I am thinking of doing a project with college and they run the miners there 24/7. I read that the prices of electricity in the netherlands is 0.22€ per kWh.

Is that cheap or expensive?
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
November 02, 2015, 11:51:34 AM
Hello,

It really comes down to your power rate, and if you are lucky and have free power (if there is truly such a thing) you can buy old gear and get a lot of hashrate for "cheap".
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
November 02, 2015, 11:04:33 AM
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

Use 3-4% as your difficulty adjustment per period, plug in the rest of your information in left side fields, and find out for yourself if what you're looking at is profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 02, 2015, 10:08:02 AM
Hello,

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017
November 02, 2015, 06:14:54 AM
Hello,

Pages:
Jump to: