Pages:
Author

Topic: Best mining start up - page 2. (Read 3398 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
December 11, 2013, 03:27:48 PM
Thanks for the advice

The black arrow looks good and cheap as well probably worth it if I can get myself $6k

What do you think about renting the hardware?

Also, I've always been interested in mining but never really had the money to invest so I'm not that clued up
Activity: 266
December 11, 2013, 03:08:44 PM
100gh/s doesn't mean shit today, and specially wont worth any shit by the time you build it.
right now 100gh will mine you 0.05btc/day and earnings will be decreased by 20-30% with every difficulty jump every 12-13 days.
so forget about building custom miner.

your best chances are to buy Black arrow 2TH late February delivery.
in about 2-3 months everything bellow 1TH will be worthless!

tell me one thing Johnny English, how the fuck do you have activity 309 and don't know basic shit about mining equipment???
Activity: 476
December 11, 2013, 02:34:49 PM
I was texting a friend about BTC today and he suggested getting into the mining game.

He's a little new to BTC and I've been around since the start of the year or there abouts

Obviously GPU mining has long since died and theres no sense investing in that.

The USB miners if I could have got them at £5 3 weeks ago I would stock up a ton and hash till my hair fell out, unfortunately their price has rocketed due to whatever reason, mainly speculators wasting money no doubt..

So as far as I can tell that leaves us two options;

Custom or pre built

We are both web developers so we understand technology though we are not grease monkeys and we have no idea how to build a rig.

Based upon this info what would the suggested route be, either purchase bulk chips (BFL or better) and build our own rig, I hope there is a tutorial somewhere as I think we'd be in a little bit of trouble if there isn't

The other route would of cause be to buy pre built which would cost a lot more but be literally plugin and play

We have enough money between us to get started, probably 100 GHS as a starting point and more if possible

Based upon personal experience, what are peoples views when it comes to BTC mining, I understand it is still a very lucrative market which a lot of potential to make and lose money so we don't want to end up with something we cant use / is worth a fraction of price paid

P.S if anyone is selling chips in the UK please let me know as we might be interested based on the outcome of this thread

Luke
Pages:
Jump to: