Pages:
Author

Topic: Best OS to run a node? (not sure if correct board) - page 2. (Read 2041 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I will recommand Linux OS for running node, easy,better,secure and faster then windows
you can work on both commandline and GUI interface

I see that Linux is the most preferred OS to run a full node, but what distro would that be? The most secure and easy to use, of course. I'm looking into Tails or Ubuntu, but I don't know if those distros are good for the task.

Personally, I like Ubuntu for it.

There is more people running ubuntu linux with bitcoin nodes than any other distro I imagine.

Personal preference for me would be Arch x64, But if your a first timer with Linux, go with Ubuntu, CentOS or Debian.

there is a bitcoin PPA for ubuntu also, ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin (https://launchpad.net/~bitcoin/+archive/ubuntu/bitcoin), This makes upgrading and installing easier basically.
legendary
Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299
I will recommand Linux OS for running node, easy,better,secure and faster then windows

I see that Linux is the most preferred OS to run a full node, but what distro would that be? The most secure and easy to use, of course. I'm looking into Tails or Ubuntu, but I don't know if those distros are good for the task.

Personally, I like Ubuntu for it.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
I've been trying to find some answers regarding what OS would be the best to run a full bitcoin node. Because I experienced some shitty events on a Windows update (I'm currently running Win7) that wiped all the data stored in my c drive (except the system files, of course), running core in Windows wouldn't probably be the safest option, for me at least. For those who runs a full node, I guess running Linux on your machine is the best way to go. If so, what distro of Linux would you recommend me to use? Since I don't use this machine for everyday things, I might as well leave it running with core to help the network.
Pages:
Jump to: