Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Pool for AntMiner S1 - page 2. (Read 7187 times)

Activity: 395
Merit: 250
January 27, 2014, 06:57:43 AM

Please do not believe this.

For starters this poster is affiliated with the elizium node.

Second he used the pps system on btcguild which has a 7.5% fee.

Third those numbers simply dont add up. According to these numbers p2p has almost mined 20% more, accounting for pps fee we are still over 10% more. According to pool luck stats this is impossible.

no problem - go to any centralized pool like btcguild and lose you revenue  Grin Grin Grin
that banchmark only shows practical (not theoretical) results and that is your decision what to do
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
January 26, 2014, 11:14:05 PM

Third those numbers simply dont add up. According to these numbers p2p has almost mined 20% more, accounting for pps fee we are still over 10% more. According to pool luck stats this is impossible.

Bismarckbkk - What is your suggestion? I have my Antminer arriving tomorrow and I want to be ready to set it up right away. Trying to figure out the "best" (although I understand this is debatable) pool to setup on and what I need to do to be prepared. Everyone seems to have a different idea, I just need to get up and running quick and would like to make a well informed decision. Plus I trust you more since you are bkk Smiley Ao Nang is down in Krabi. Giddyup!
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
January 26, 2014, 11:44:32 AM

January 26, 2014, 05:51:13 AM

Is there a link or suggestions on setting up the S1 on p2pool? Reading through p2pool it sounds like I would need another computer running the p2pool software on the network all the time. Is this the only way? I suppose I could setup a MacMini at my office to run it all the time, but if there is a way to set it up without that would love to understand/know how to get it set up.

You can use any node of p2pool.in
It does not matter which node. You can switch between nodes and you still will be in p2p network -  that is how decentralized pool works.
If you do not want to setup and run own node than use any public (http://p2pool-nodes.info). I advise http://elizium.name
And use last firmware for AntMiner.
January 25, 2014, 06:08:34 PM

Is there a link or suggestions on setting up the S1 on p2pool? Reading through p2pool it sounds like I would need another computer running the p2pool software on the network all the time. Is this the only way? I suppose I could setup a MacMini at my office to run it all the time, but if there is a way to set it up without that would love to understand/know how to get it set up.
January 24, 2014, 05:22:29 AM
January 23, 2014, 11:14:08 PM
New to mining. Have read a lot and held coin. Have tried to figure out mining just for fun running BitMinter on OSX, but there wasn't really anything to figure out since it was all GUI and their pool is already set to it.

I am now awaiting my Antminer S1. Would love peoples thoughts on the best pool to run this in and how many workers I should be running.

Thanks for helping out this Newbie Miner!
Pages:
Jump to: