Pages:
Author

Topic: Best privacy currency - page 2. (Read 259 times)

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
April 11, 2018, 05:19:59 PM

People like to fud and shit on Verge, but it's very fast, the wallets run exclusively over Tor, stealth addressing....and RingCT (xmr tech) is near completion. Awesome privacy coin.

Monero is obviously king but very slow. Komodo and Enigma are also cool but they are not pure currencies, and not on this list.

People shit on Verge because it is a literal scam. It suffered a 51% hack a few days ago - the dev literally didn't know how to fix it. In trying to fix it, they accidentally hardforked their chain without even realising it. The same incompetent dev asked for the community to give him $75 million in Verge on the promise of a partnership - once he had the money, he cancelled the announcement. Buying Verge now is the definition "dumb money".

I'm actually looking forward to their "announcement" on the 17th April. It is going to be their biggest shitshow to date, and this entire coin has just been one big shitshow. Popcorn on standby.

OP did say not to shit on other coins, but it is allright to point out flaws, and I definitely believe that Verge is one of those coins masquerading with technology but without good developers behind it. This is why my first choice always is Monero. And no, none of the forks. Monero is like Bitcoin, everybody thinks they are better but no one realizes how strong its development is. Or the community.
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
April 11, 2018, 05:14:37 PM

People like to fud and shit on Verge, but it's very fast, the wallets run exclusively over Tor, stealth addressing....and RingCT (xmr tech) is near completion. Awesome privacy coin.

Monero is obviously king but very slow. Komodo and Enigma are also cool but they are not pure currencies, and not on this list.

People shit on Verge because it is a literal scam. It suffered a 51% hack a few days ago - the dev literally didn't know how to fix it. In trying to fix it, they accidentally hardforked their chain without even realising it. The same incompetent dev asked for the community to give him $75 million in Verge on the promise of a partnership - once he had the money, he cancelled the announcement. Buying Verge now is the definition "dumb money".

I'm actually looking forward to their "announcement" on the 17th April. It is going to be their biggest shitshow to date, and this entire coin has just been one big shitshow. Popcorn on standby.

Sorry for your loss, but the lead dev fixed it almost immediately and as you should know he is active on this forum and  he announced it himself. Even more admirable, he even comes to warn the verge investors for possible scamms done in name of verge or bad exchanges.

We will see about the announcement, the verge devs have not lied untill now, so i expect the announcement to be done on time. We all know what drama was created the last time he was late a few hours with his announcement  Grin come on it was new years eve, can't the dude have a glass of champagne before getting back behind his pc lol
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
April 11, 2018, 05:13:09 PM
I am surprised no one has mentioned Deep Onion. A few weeks ago, the thread would probably have been flooded with Deep Onion as the best from its massive community due to free airdrops  Grin. What's happening?

Anyway,I think Monero looks good for the title.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
April 11, 2018, 05:03:47 PM
PIVX - actually is missing here

- I would add that to your poll since i would say that ranks rather highly against those you have listed if not better than most of them
Activity: 336
Merit: 71
April 11, 2018, 05:01:27 PM
Monero is my favourite privacy coin, by far. No pre-mine, no crowdsale, active development, good technology and a strong community.

I agree.  I think Monero is at the top of the food chain for a reason.  The no pre-mine aspect is really important to me.   If I had to choose another I would choose Vertcoin, just because its community driven.  It lacks and is falling behind in technology to some of the others but the whole asic-resistant movement between these two coins really makes me happy.  I think Monero will be a 4 figure coin by the end of 2018 and Vertcoin will have another run.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
April 11, 2018, 04:54:05 PM
Recently, only one coin from this list shows good growth - it's XVG. I'm sure that she has a very great future and now her price is very cheap. I would consider it for a long-term investment!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18711
April 11, 2018, 04:52:11 PM

Activity: 117
Merit: 0
April 11, 2018, 04:23:00 PM

Activity: 201
Merit: 1
April 11, 2018, 04:11:11 PM
Which privacy currency do you think is the best and why?

Explaining why you choose one over the others, will help others understand the purpose en possibilities of privacy coins better. Please no hostilities and childish remarks about other coins. All the top coins in this segment are well made, but differ in some aspects. Let us learn from eachother and not bash other projects just for personal gain.

I'm no expert and my choices may be flawed in some cases, forgive my ignorance if you think one project, doesn't belong in this poll or when i have not mentioned a project which deserves to be listed.

Pages:
Jump to: