Pages:
Author

Topic: best solution to reduce spam in the forum - page 2. (Read 251 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 5
A MAN SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE
u can not disagree on that  Wink

lets say we have +50 page of comments  in a topic that have good concept    im sure reading all the posts is waste of time but if we have a thumps up button i can just bye pass to see topic with  a thumps up  that users before me read them and liked them 

u know that thump up is well known in the social media  where people exchange idea and info .....etc
Activity: 244
Merit: 17
Register for Fit to Talk through me
The only advantage of a 'thumbs up' button would be if members used it instead of posting "+1" or "me too" or "I like that", or any of the other approbations that clutter the threads.
Activity: 244
Merit: 17
Register for Fit to Talk through me

that is kind of joke  Grin ?    how can  the  "report to moderator"  button  be more effective than the thumps up button ?

Why is it a joke? 'thump' means to strike or punch. Striking a post means hitting it, or reporting it to a moderator.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
same existing replies   with a different style  ( some only copy past )  
The only one solution to this has a limit in replies in every thread to avoid same thought and limit on pages(15-20 pages I guess)
OP may lock the thread if they meet the limit on replies.

and while the merit system  was created to solve that problem   he  kinda of failed  because  people still doing same posts  for an obvious reason  signature bounties
No, I think there is an improvement in the forum since the merit system was implemented by sir theymos, everyone was trying themselves to have a quality post and hoping that every post count they have they earn merit as well.

What do you mean by spam? if they have the same thought with the OP's post still it is counted. That does not matter how long or short that you have posted as long as relevant to the topic and sharing idea.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537
if you browse some of the posts  in bitcoin talk  u will notice lot of unnecessarily reply  to posts  or some people agree with the post owner   while other may just repeat  the

and while the merit system  was created to solve that problem   he  kinda of failed  because  people still doing same posts  for an obvious reason  signature bounties

( some will say that merit was for rank  ..well  yes it is but  its kind of created a solution and problem in the rank system  )

so my main concern is why bitcoin talk forum don't have a thump up button ?   that will solve lot of problems and reduce spam

If you find any scam and spamming with the usage of merits. One thing all the people missed while they are opening the thread, they just missed to use the search bar above in the forum
Before anyone want to create a thread in any section for asking their question. Better they may try it to avoid that creating thread and spamming replies below to that. If newbies asks there we must need to help them. instead divert them to use the right thing.

We do, it's called "report to moderator".

that is kind of joke  Grin ?    how can  the  "report to moderator"  button  be more effective than the thumps up button ?
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462
https://JetCash.com

so my main concern is why bitcoin talk forum don't have a thump up button ?  

We do, it's called "report to moderator".
if you browse some of the posts  in bitcoin talk  u will notice lot of unnecessarily reply  to posts  or some people agree with the post owner   while other may just repeat  the

( some will say that merit was for rank  ..well  yes it is but  its kind of created a solution and problem in the rank system  )

so my main concern is why bitcoin talk forum don't have a like button ( up vote ) ?   that will solve lot of problems and reduce spam
Pages:
Jump to: