Pages:
Author

Topic: Best strategy to profit from crash - page 5. (Read 1282 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 03, 2017, 09:19:35 AM
I understand and also appreciate all your opinions who are in favorite of bitcoin.

So let's say this is just an theoretical question if that helps. Let's say I'm just a stupid guy who thinks bitcoin will crash harder then ever before. Ok, now we are all done with laughing Grin, just imagine I am right. How could I make a ton of money out of this crash?

I don't blame you for not giving me the answer yet, because I don't have the strategy myself. Maybe I should not ask this in this Bitcoin forum but on a traders forum?  Undecided
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
November 03, 2017, 09:11:01 AM
At this point, seeing btc below $2k is highly unlikely even in the worst of circumstances. If you remember the 2013-14 peak, it was a clear bubble, where after $1.2k, the price dropped to $300 and stagnated. In this case now, it dropped recently from $6.5k to $5.5k. Going by those trends, there is definitely going to be a correction after the fork. But it is unlikely that it will drop below $2k even in the worst of circumstances. Wait for the correction and pick up at the trough, and when it rises back up, you'll be able to profit.
November 03, 2017, 09:08:13 AM
I believe I have some strong arguments and I understand you would like to discuss about it (maybe I will in another topic) but this will only distract from my main question. How to profit from this (in my opinion) unavoidable crash.

When so much people are so convinced it's so valuable, there must be enough people who I can bet against right? But when the fall is so heavy as I expect, these people must have very deep pockets to pay me and probably will not when push comes to shove.
Activity: 812
Merit: 142
November 03, 2017, 08:53:56 AM
For your question, please buy huge amount of bitcoin when any dump happens in the chart.
Thank you, but for me this is not an option. I believe it will go down to zero. So I don't want to buy down hill and end up with nothing.

Well this will not go down to zero. Also can you put some assumptions that defy that btc is bubble or it will crash in coming so badly that value will become zero. Yes a small dip is possible but to have a large crash it will really require a major countries to come together and ban btc or such negative news can make it value fall in a quick time.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
November 03, 2017, 08:46:40 AM
For your question, please buy huge amount of bitcoin when any dump happens in the chart.
Thank you, but for me this is not an option. I believe it will go down to zero. So I don't want to buy down hill and end up with nothing.

If you believe that bitcoin price will go down to zero,just  try to get a bitcoin loan before the crash.
If you get a 1 btc loan and the btc price is 7000 USD,you just sell the btc for fiat,the big crash happens so
the btc price is close to zero.You return the 1 btc loan with all the interest rate(just pay a few dollars to buy a cheap bitcoin) and keep the profits.
This is just my theory.I don`t believe it will work.You will need a big collateral for such loan.
November 03, 2017, 08:37:16 AM

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 03, 2017, 08:09:28 AM
I will be honest, I regret the day that I did not start with bitcoin. It was in the very early days, value was still around $1. But I calculated that the costs of mining would exceed the value of the coin. Then around 2011 I had some money to 'invest' and considered bitcoin. I don't even want to calculate the value it would be now, that's just frustrating  Grin. But hindsight is always easy. If we could look into the future we would all be millionaires the next day.

But I could not stop following it because I like the technology and also the economic aspect. So I believe the point of investment is just gone. Even if it go's up to 100.000 this still would 'only' be about 10 times the value now, so not the mega profit from the early days.

But I'm convinced that bitcoin will crash some day. Not because of envy, but there are a lot of things pointing to a tipping point. A bubble for sure. The question is when will people realize this and when will the fall start.

So I'm pretty sure about this and this time I don't want to miss this opportunity. The question is, what would be the best strategy to profit from this crash? I thought CFD's and short-selling, but when it go's up a lot, I don't have the equity to hold the positions and they will be terminated/margin call. Also I don't trust the brokers, will they pay when the fall is huge?

We can discuss about a crash yes or no, but for me this is not a question anymore. The only question is, how can I make sure not to regret this opportunity this time.

Like you many loose money earned in signature campaign and bought from the traders in the time 2013 or after that as well. People who ever in the forum before last halving everyone will think that looses huge amount of bitcoin what they earned.
If you wait to see any big dump that is not sure to find the price graph. Many people expects the bitcoin price to touch the 10k in this year end itself.
November 03, 2017, 08:01:40 AM
I will be honest, I regret the day that I did not start with bitcoin. It was in the very early days, value was still around $1. But I calculated that the costs of mining would exceed the value of the coin. Then around 2011 I had some money to 'invest' and considered bitcoin. I don't even want to calculate the value it would be now, that's just frustrating  Grin. But hindsight is always easy. If we could look into the future we would all be millionaires the next day.

But I could not stop following it because I like the technology and also the economic aspect. So I believe the point of investment is just gone. Even if it go's up to 100.000 this still would 'only' be about 10 times the value now, so not the mega profit from the early days.

But I'm convinced that bitcoin will crash some day. Not because of envy, but there are a lot of things pointing to a tipping point. A bubble for sure. The question is when will people realize this and when will the fall start.

So I'm pretty sure about this and this time I don't want to miss this opportunity. The question is, what would be the best strategy to profit from this crash? I thought CFD's and short-selling, but when it go's up a lot, I don't have the equity to hold the positions and they will be terminated/margin call. Also I don't trust the brokers, will they pay when the fall is huge?

We can discuss about a crash yes or no, but for me this is not a question anymore. The only question is, how can I make sure not to regret this opportunity this time.

Pages:
Jump to: