Pages:
Author

Topic: Best UK bank account for SEPA EUR transfers? - page 2. (Read 11534 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
not sure about a few of the points regarding mobile app and API,

But if you are willing to either store £50k average in the account OR transfer £5k in each month (and you can transfer it back out) while holding two direct debits on the account you can get the following account without a monthly fee (£25 pm)

Citigold
http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/banking/citigold/benefits.htm

Allows you to do sepa transfers for free and even gives you a 8 CHAPS transfers a month. All the while ofcourse allowing faster payment, you can have a linked EURO and USD account (http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/banking/citigold/usdeuros.htm)

Alternatively hsbc do many international accounts... you may run into the fact you will potentially have lots of btc related payment in and out and issue with any uk bank though...
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
I'm interested in opening a UK bank account to use specifically for the fiat end of my bitcoin activities. After doing a bit of digging it seems this is a bit of a minefield. My needs/wants/concerns are as follows...

• I need to be able to revieve UK GBP BACS transfers without incurring fees
  • I need an Android app that allows me to view recent transactions in real time
  • I need to be able to make SEPA transfers in EUR
  • I need the GBP>EUR conversion to be free
  • I want to be able to make SEPA EUR transfers using online banking
  • I want to avoid paying fees for SEPA transfers. AFAIK such fees are illegal anyway, but that doesn't stop banks charging them
  • I want some kind of API or feed, OCX or similar
  • I am not a registered buisiness, and would rather not become one
  • All banks are evil, but the degree of evil has some bearing on my choice. I really really don't want to deal with Barclays, HSBC, RBS, Lloyds or any of their subsiduaries

I realise my ideal account may well not exist, I expect to have to compromise.
Thanks in advance for your advice  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: