Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Wallet for Storing Altcoins? - page 2. (Read 208 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 451
October 11, 2022, 07:59:10 PM
Trust wallet is the best wallet to store ALT coins.Nowadays trust wallet has gained a lot of popularity and its usage has given the most acceptance by people.Trust wallets have gained a lot of popularity all over the world and as they progress they will make a better position in the future.Many securities are completely multi-wallet systems. There is no possibility of hacking if you don't share your phase or private key to anyone.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 711
"Play Poker on Telegram"
October 11, 2022, 06:08:38 PM
One alternative to hardware wallets would be the internet computer plug wallet. Although it is a browser extension wallet like metamask, it is secured by your face scan or finger print, so nobody can hack your coins.
Many wallet can be hacked except it's a situation whereby people who is into hacking have not remembered you, so from my little understanding, if you do save the information related to your wallet offline it's the only means a hacker can't easily penetrate into your wallet, from my perspective normal documentation of your wallet offline can keep your wallet safe
Activity: 2128
Merit: 259
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
October 11, 2022, 03:01:00 PM

Also for you daily traders, are you keeping the coins in that exchange or metamask or your hardware wallet once you are done trading for the day?  I can't imagine you sending your eth wallet to your hardware wallet all the time because fees are expensive right?  And keeping it in exchanges is not safe?  The same as with on metamask?
In the daily trade, their coins have to keep on the exchanges because they have to buy coins at any time. But if you're a long term holder then i don’t think keep store on the exchanges will be safe, if you own big amount of dollars then hardware wallet is the best option, in small amount you can use trust wallet which is renowned wallet backed by Binance exchange.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
October 11, 2022, 10:45:03 AM
One alternative to hardware wallets would be the internet computer plug wallet. Although it is a browser extension wallet like metamask, it is secured by your face scan or finger print, so nobody can hack your coins.
Activity: 840
Merit: 6
October 11, 2022, 10:44:08 AM
I am still using an old nano ledger s.  I use it mainly to store btc and bch.  There isn't that much space on it due to the limited space. 

If I want to start trading altcoins but particularly those meme coins and weird coins that come out, what wallet would you need for that?  Do most people here have a 2nd hardware wallet strictly for this?  Then again lot of these altcoins aren't supported by the nano ledger s plus or the x right?  I heard about metamask.  That is an online wallet.  So if you connect the metamask to the nano ledger s plus, than that would work?

Also when you find out about new coins, what exchange do you go to to find these coins?  Is it almost always something like uniswap or pancakeswap and not a major exchange?

Also for you daily traders, are you keeping the coins in that exchange or metamask or your hardware wallet once you are done trading for the day?  I can't imagine you sending your eth wallet to your hardware wallet all the time because fees are expensive right?  And keeping it in exchanges is not safe?  The same as with on metamask?

Also heard trustwallet spoke about as well.  But the safest way is to get a metamask account and link it to a hardware wallet right?  But you shouldn't do it with your main hardware wallet that you use mainly for storage?  But do so with a trading hardware wallet?  Because if you connect to a malicious contract... that is the term i always hear about, well as long as you don't confirm it... you are fine?  But if you do, are all your coins in that 2nd hardware wallet at risk?  So there would be no risk to your main nano ledger s  if you use the s and s plus with ledger live?

Anyone who trade altcoins can explain this?
I use the tangem wallet to store my 0xMonero. Every month they launch support for an additional blockchain.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 186
October 09, 2022, 11:30:32 PM
I am still using an old nano ledger s.  I use it mainly to store btc and bch.  There isn't that much space on it due to the limited space. 

If I want to start trading altcoins but particularly those meme coins and weird coins that come out, what wallet would you need for that?  Do most people here have a 2nd hardware wallet strictly for this?  Then again lot of these altcoins aren't supported by the nano ledger s plus or the x right?  I heard about metamask.  That is an online wallet.  So if you connect the metamask to the nano ledger s plus, than that would work?

Also when you find out about new coins, what exchange do you go to to find these coins?  Is it almost always something like uniswap or pancakeswap and not a major exchange?

Also heard trustwallet spoke about as well.  But the safest way is to get a metamask account and link it to a hardware wallet right?  But you shouldn't do it with your main hardware wallet that you use mainly for storage?  But do so with a trading hardware wallet?  Because if you connect to a malicious contract... that is the term i always hear about, well as long as you don't confirm it... you are fine?  But if you do, are all your coins in that 2nd hardware wallet at risk?  So there would be no risk to your main nano ledger s  if you use the s and s plus with ledger live?

Anyone who trade altcoins can explain this?
Pages:
Jump to: